Senior Practitioner (18001)
Contract type: Permanent
Salary: £32,324.00 - £39,327.00 per annum (Full time equivalent)
Closing Date: 14 February 2024
Your chance to be part of an Exciting and Unique team.
Barnardo's are recruiting a Senior Practitioner to support in leading an innovative project to introducing a new parenting intervention addressing youth violence in the UK, called ‘'Generation Parenting Training Management Oregon (GENPMTO)''.
We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced practitioner with a passion for improving outcomes for young people who are at risk of serious youth violence, through positive support of their parents. Your focus will be on supporting the leadership team and particularly the CSM to continue to mobilise the programme successfully, as well as ensuring the quality-of-service delivery through effective delivery of the programme. We need someone who is positive and open to trailing innovative ways of working with parents that will improve the outcomes for young people.
At Barnardo's we believe every child has the right to a fulfilling life, to realise their potential and to have a positive future. Working in partnerships, we focus on building stronger families and improving family bonds.
The post holder will support the CSM in leading the team to pilot the programme across 3 identified London boroughs to determine if the programme is effective in the UK.
Hours worked: the 37 hours a week will be worked flexibly across the week. The role will include some evening and possible weekend work.
Where is it based: This is a London based job and travel around London is expected in Brent, Tower Hamlets and Barking and Dagenham as well as central London offices.
Length of contract: We are recruiting the role as a permanent contract. The project has started and is expected to run until March 2026.
Interviews: We will be shortlisting and interviewing following the advert becoming live and will close the advert once the position has been filled. First interviews, week beginning 5th February 2024.
Opportunities this role offers:
- To be involved in the first trial of a highly successful project into UK
- To have the opportunity to support the shaping of a team and service.
- To make a significant difference to the lives of children and young people by building strong bonds within families
- To have a challenging and rewarding job
- A supportive working environment and management team
Requirements for this position are:
- A relevant professional qualification such as Social Work, Youth Work, Probation, Health, Education or degree level with relevant experience
- An enhanced DBS check is required for this role (payable by Barnardo's)
- The successful candidate will enjoy trialling new programmes and will be a proven solution based, positive leader.
- No prior knowledge of the programme is necessary as on the job training will be provided as part of Barnardo's induction process.
- Travel across London to ensure good relationships with the team and commissioners/ borough contacts is essential alongside some home working.
Please see the attached person and profile specification for the essential criteria relating to this post and the additional information sheet for more specific details and qualification requirements.
When completing your application please refer to your skills knowledge and experience in relation to the Person Specification, Job Description and Additional Information document. This should be done with an understanding of the context of the service described.
Barnardo's are committed to specific actions which will help us achieve progress towards greater equality, diversity and inclusion in our work.
We know that our colleagues go above and beyond in delivering our vital work, driven by their passion and commitment to Barnardo's values. We also know that we can only realise our ambitions and achieve better outcomes for more children, thanks to the talent, hard work and creativity of our people.
For all these reasons, we are committed to a new approach to pay and reward, to ensure it is fair, attractive and progressive, which has been in place since 1st April 2023. This is a positive change for the charity, and a key pillar of our People & Culture Strategy. It will assist us in supporting colleagues to grow and develop in their career at Barnardo's.
Please note due to the high volume of applications for some posts, this advert might close before the displayed closing date. We recommend that you apply for this role as soon as possible.
- Barnardo's believe in creating equality of opportunity in the workplace and supporting people to manage their work-life balance; we are therefore open to offering flexible working arrangements.
- 26 days annual leave plus bank holidays, increasing after 5 years service
- The ability to buy up to another 5 days annual leave via our HolidayPlus scheme
- A host of family friendly leave options including company Maternity Paternity and Adoption pay; together with all family additional leave options
- Service related sick pay from day 1
- Access to a Group Personal Pension with a matched 4% or 6% contribution from Barnardo's. Ability to pay via salary sacrifice to garner both tax and NI savings on your own contribution
- Death in service cover of 4x annual earnings for all staff contributing to our Group Personal Pension
- Cycle2work scheme
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Discounts and cashback from at high street shops including major supermarkets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via our Benefit Portal
- Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
- Access to Barnardo's Corporate University
*T&C's apply based on contract
At Barnardo's we believe in children – no matter who they are, what they have done or what they have been through. Please read about our basis and values following the link below. You will be asked questions relating to them as part of the recruitment process for this role.
Barnardo's is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce for staff and volunteers. We actively encourage applications from disabled, Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic candidates as they are under-represented within Barnardo's.
Our basis and values
Project Worker 3 - Job Description & Person Profile.pdf (129.52 KB)
Information Sheet for Applicants Applying for Positions Working with Children and Vulnerable Adults (updated July 2021).pdf (107.00 KB)
Recruitment of Ex-Offenders Updated Version July 2021.pdf (101.44 KB)
Barnardo's Workplace Offer Visual Summary.pdf (27.58 KB)
Senior prac GEN PMTO services Additional Information (1) FINAL.pdf (1.06 MB)