Youth Intervention Practitioner Job Description
Post Title: Youth Intervention Practitioner
Work area: Hospital-based Violence Intervention Programme
Responsible to: Kings College Hospital Team Leader
Location: The post will be based in an A&E department within Redthread’s King's College Hospital site in Denmark with occasional travel to Redthread’s central offices in Victoria and other projects in the UK as required.
Hours: 37.5 hours per week. The nature of Redthread’s work means that regular evening and weekend working is required. You will be required to work shifts to ensure that the team covers from 7:30am to 9pm each day between them.
Salary: £29,767.50 per annum (includes London weighting) + benefits.
Contract type: Permanent
Purpose of the Post
- To be part of the youth work team at Redthread, with a primary focus on the Youth Violence Intervention Programme.
- To assist with Redthread’s other activities as required.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Hold a caseload and work with young people in a range of settings, including in A&E and on the wards, in the community, in face-to-face and group contexts, and promote their personal, educational, health and social development through all interactions.
- Assist with the on-going development of the service model to ensure that clients gain the maximum benefit from Redthread’s interventions.
Ensure information resources such as client forms, databases and contact files are kept fully up-to-date and secure, in line with GDPR, the Data Protection Act and our Confidentiality Policy and Consent Policy. Maintain high quality recording of interventions with young people on our database, Lamplight, in line with Redthread’s best-practice requirements. (Training for Lamplight will be provided.)
Collect and record evidence of project outcomes and young people’s achievements, to ensure the completion of monitoring forms and project progress reports as required.
Maintain a good level of knowledge of the issues around youth violence and Child Sexual Exploitation.
- With guidance and support from the Team Leader, and with attendance on appropriate training courses, develop skills to further your work with the young people.
- Under the direction of the Team Leader, develop an imaginative programme of events, activities and other interventions which support Redthread’s mission.
- Actively research and network with other organisations working with young people in the area served by the hospital to ensure that the organisation as a whole has a good knowledge of other services and projects that may be of interest to the young people we work with or appropriate for us to refer to.
- Help organise and take part in supervised trips and other activities.
- Contribute to the training programme that Redthread provides for hospital staff, including informal microteachings and more formal presentations.
General responsibilities of all Redthread staff
- Actively participate in staff meetings, session evaluations, supervision/reviews and planning sessions and in Redthread’s overall development, including input on the needs of young people, ideas for new projects, and the on-going development of existing projects.
- Assist where possible with fundraising events and fundraising, including the maintenance and growth of the regular supporter network, and to assist in promoting the organisation’s work with young people to the wider community.
- Assist in maintaining good working relations with Redthread’s stakeholders, project partners and with other agencies and represent Redthread at external meetings as required.
- Encourage and enable young people to participate in all forms of decision-making and management of Redthread’s projects, with the ultimate aim of empowering them to shape the services and activities provided for them. To ensure that all young people have equality of access and that the programme promotes opportunities for all young people.
- Assist the team in ensuring that all Redthread policies and procedures are followed, including Health and Safety, Safeguarding, Data Protection and Equal Opportunities. Report any concerns to an appropriate member of the SMT.
- Work as a member of the Redthread team and assist as required across all the organisation’s projects, including carrying out any other duties that may be required to meet the needs of the organisation.
This job description is not exhaustive and is subject to review in consultation with the post holder and according to future changes/developments within the organisation