Business Development Executive (17770)
Location: Workplace offer: Hybrid working, Barnardo's hub/office or home address
Contract type: Permanent
Salary: £26,390 - £33,930 FTE
Closing Date: 22 December 2023
Interview Date: 17th January 2024
This is an exciting opportunity to join a thriving national charity, as part of our high-performing National Business Development team. We are seeking a Business Development Executive to support the Business Development team. The successful candidate will contribute to and build upon our success in securing income for children's services across Barnardo's. You will relish the challenge of working with a range of colleagues to achieve high quality bids and tenders, working to deadlines, and thriving within a time critical context.
This role requires attention to detail, ability to follow and maintain processes, exceptional organisational skills matched with clear and timely communication.
Main responsibilities include:
- Supporting the submission of high quality tenders and bids
- Monitoring opportunities for commissioned services that match business priorities
- Supporting Business Development Managers with Project Management of tenders and bid development opportunities, through to submission
- Producing reports and updates on business development activity Sharing and managing information about bid/tender opportunities with colleagues
- Supporting the team with organisation and coordination of bid teams, in line with our processes and systems
Skills we are looking for:
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills, able to proof read and correct grammatical errors
- Ability to analyse data and information to inform business decisions
- Ability to manage and maintain accurate records in line with business processes
- Ability to meet deadlines, standards, regulation and policy requirements
- High level of organisational skills and ability to multi-task
- High level of IT skills in word-processing and Excel
This is a full time role (36.25 hours)
This role will operate on a 'Work from Anywhere' basis, meaning that you can work both from home and/or from another 'hub' that's nearest to where you live. Some travel may be required.
When completing your application
Please refer to your skills, knowledge and experience in relation to the Person Specification and Job Description, using examples from your experience.
Need more information?
If you would like an informal discussion about the role, please contact email@example.com
Please note due to the high volume of applications for some posts, this advert might close before the displayed closing date. We recommend that you apply for this role as soon as possible.
Workplace Offer: What it means for you
The world of work has changed. We are understanding of what works best for our colleagues both current and future as we look to embrace this new way of working. Our hybrid working initiative is based on trust, flexibility and empowerment. We understand our workplace offer means different things to different people, and we encourage those conversations. This may mean working at one of our stores, services, working at home, at one of our Collaboration Hubs or any combination of these.
- Barnardo's believe in creating equality of opportunity in the workplace and supporting people to manage their work-life balance; we are therefore open to offering flexible working arrangements.
- 26 days annual leave plus bank holidays, increasing after 5 years service
- The ability to buy up to another 5 days annual leave via our HolidayPlus scheme
- A host of family friendly leave options including company Maternity Paternity and Adoption pay; together with all family additional leave options
- Service related sick pay from day 1
- Access to a Group Personal Pension with a matched 4% or 6% contribution from Barnardo's. Ability to pay via salary sacrifice to garner both tax and NI savings on your own contribution
- Death in service cover of 4x annual earnings for all staff contributing to our Group Personal Pension
- Cycle2work scheme
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Discounts and cashback from at high street shops including major supermarkets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via our Benefit Portal
- 20% discount at Barnardo's stores
- Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
- Access to Barnardo's Learning and Development offer
*T&C's apply based on contract
At Barnardo's we believe in children – no matter who they are, what they have done or what they have been through. Please read about our basis and values following the link below. You will be asked questions relating to them as part of the recruitment process for this role.
Our commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) is reflected in our values and our practice, and we have invested in this area of our work to ensure that we can deliver on our commitments to be an inclusive employer. EDI is a key enabler of our purpose as a charity and we want to ensure that the diversity of our teams is reflective of the communities we serve and that we continue to learn and develop our work with a focus on inclusion. We particularly encourage applications from candidates from Black, Asian and Minoritised Ethnic Communities, candidates who are LGBT+ and Disabled candidates.
Our basis and values