Our client works across communities to support positive mental health and wellbeing. Working closely with a range of partners, they offer a number of activities from their wellbeing centres and local venues to make a difference to the mental health and wellbeing of people in Bedfordshire, Luton and Milton Keynes, and their aim is to make sure that no-one has to face a mental health problem alone.
Job title: Youth Mental Health Worker
Post no: 571
Working base: Central Bedfordshire – covering Leighton Buzzard, Sandy and Houghton Regis
Hours: 4 nights or 2x2 nights a week (12.25 or 24.25 hours per week, 4:00pm-10:00pm (6 hours), Flexible across Monday – Sunday
Salary: £22,164 FTE – (Actual salary: £7,338.08 for 12.25 hours or £14,523.40 for 24.25 hours)
About the Youth Crisis Service
This charity's Young Person’s Crisis Service offers a safe, welcoming, and non-judgmental environment outside of normal school hours for those aged 14 – 17 who feel in mental distress or crisis.
About the Role
The role will involve assessing needs and offering one-to-one support to service users to enable them to begin the process of improving their mental health and well-being and to provide clarity on services and pathways available in the area. The role will be part of a larger Young Person’s Crisis team made up of Youth Mental Health Workers, Team Leaders and volunteers.
- Deliver crisis focussed 1:1s and ensure outcomes which supports young people experiencing a mental health crisis, in line with the organisation's agreed crisis service and requirements as well as contract requirements.
- Assessing need and suitability for the service in line with the access to services process, and undertaking 1:1s.
- Contribute to maintaining an effective volunteer workforce for the service in line with the organisation's HR policies, procedures and guidance (workload planning and support).
- Carry out health and safety responsibilities as directed by the Team Leader in line with the organisation's H&S policies, procedures and guidance (risk assessments, reviews, reporting, safeguarding, incidents/accidents, premises).
- Carry out cash handling responsibilities as directed by the Team Leader in line with the organisation's financial policies, procedures and guidance (records, petty cash income and expenditure).
- Carry out responsibilities as directed by the Team Leader for the collection, updating, monitoring and reporting of service data in line with the organisation's contract and systems requirements and procedures
- Attendance to mandatory clinical supervision is required for this role. It occurs once every six weeks for one and a half hours.
- 25 days (pro rata) Annual Leave plus Bank Holidays (pro rata)
- Auto-enrolment NEST pension scheme (employer contributes 3%, employee contributes 5%)
- Optional Health Plan
- In-house and external Learning and Development as appropriate for the role.
- Flexible Working On request (in line with the organisation's policy on Right to Request Flexible Working)
Closedown: 6th December 2023
To find out more information, please click the apply button. You will be taken to a simple CHM Recruit form and then redirected to complete your application for this position.
Our client has been committed to the Mindful Employer charter and the Disability Confident Employer Scheme since 2008.
Please note: This charity follows Safer Recruitment practices and they are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults. Therefore all their roles are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
No agencies please.