Our client works across communities to support positive mental health and wellbeing. Working closely with a range of partners, they offer a number of activities from their wellbeing centres and local venues to make a difference to the mental health and wellbeing of people in Bedfordshire, Luton and Milton Keynes, and their aim is to make sure that no-one has to face a mental health problem alone.
Job title: Youth Mental Health Worker
Post no: 570
Working base: Luton
Hours: 2 evenings per week (12.25hrs, 16:00 – 22:00)
Salary: £22,164 FTE – (Actual salary: £7,338.08 for 12.25 hours)
About the Youth Crisis Service
This charity's Young Person’s Sanctuaries offer a safe, welcoming, and non-judgmental environment outside of normal school hours for those aged 14 - 18 who feel in mental distress or crisis.
About the Role
This role will involve assessing needs and offering one to one support to service users to enable them to begin the process of improving their mental health and wellbeing and to providing clarity on services and pathways available in the area. The role will be part of a larger Youth Crisis team made up of youth mental health workers, team leaders and volunteers.
The successful candidate will have experience of working with young people (under 18) with mental health issues, experience of assessing level of need and experience working in a team or small service.
- Deliver crisis focussed 1:1s and ensure outcomes which supports young people experiencing a mental health crisis, in line with Mind BLMK’s agreed crisis service and requirements as well as contract requirements.
- Assessing need and suitability for the service in line with the access to services process, and undertaking 1:1s.
- Contribute to maintaining an effective volunteer workforce for the service in line with the organisation’s HR policies, procedures and guidance (workload planning and support).
- Carry out Cash Handling, Health and Safety and Data Collection responsibilities as directed by the Team Leader in line with the organisation’s policies, procedures, requirements and guidance.
- 25 days (pro rata) Annual Leave plus Bank Holidays (pro rata)
- Auto-enrolment NEST pension scheme (employer contributes 3%, employee contributes 5%)
- Optional Health Plan
- In-house and external Learning and Development as appropriate for the role.
- Flexible Working On request (in line with the organisation's policy on Right to Request Flexible Working)
If you have a passion for working in mental health and possess the required skills, then this charity would love to hear from you.
Closedown: Wednesday 6 December 2023
Please note: The right is reserved to close this advert early if enough suitable applicants apply
Start date: ASAP
To find out more information, please click the apply button. You will be taken to a simple CHM Recruit form and then redirected to complete your application for this position.
Our client has been committed to the Mindful Employer charter and the Disability Confident Employer Scheme since 2008.
Please note: This charity follows Safer Recruitment practices and they are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults. Therefore all their roles are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
No agencies please.