We are developing an exciting new offer for Young Carers in West Essex which is funded by the National Lottery for 5 years. Help us make a difference to the lives of disadvantaged or vulnerable young people, within our local community.
If you are passionate about supporting young people, in particular Young Carers, and have experience working in an education, youth, social care, or community setting then please get in touch.
Action for Family Carers is a thriving charity which for over 30 years has been providing support for adult carers and Young Carers – people with unpaid, caring responsibilities for others. We are a Carers Trust Network Partner and hold Trusted Charity status. We provide information, befriending, counselling, wellbeing activities, Young Carer clubs, Activity Groups and Day Care across Essex, working within schools, with GP practices and in a variety of community settings.
Young Carer Support and Development Worker (West Essex)
Starting salary £21,386 pro rata
21 hours per week. Actual salary is £12,832
Please note: flexible working and additional hours options are available
Hybrid working with office base at Wych Elm, Harlow
Young Carer Support and Development Worker - Working with Young Carers in schools and colleges and other education and community settings, providing one to one and group work sessions to help Young Carers
You will need to be:
- Passionate about helping disadvantaged local children and young people.
- Skilled and confident in working directly with children and young people.
- Able to work independently, flexibly and to work well with others to achieve positive outcomes.
- Have a full driving license and access to your own vehicle.
- Full induction and relevant training.
- Contributory pension scheme.
- An opportunity to make a positive difference for carers and families in Essex.
- A chance to be part of a supportive and friendly team.
- 24-hour Confidential Staff Helpline
Closing date for applications 5pm 24th November 2023
If you are passionate about supporting Young Carers in West Essex please get in touch
Post: Action for Family Carers, Brickhouse Farm, Poulton Close, CM9 6NG
To find out more about the roles please feel free to call our Young Carers Service manager Chris Vince on 07702 858656
Action for Family Carers is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from all sections of the community. Registered Charity No: 1127164. Website: https://affc.org.uk/