You can help us make a positive difference to the lives of local Young Carers in our community. We are developing an exciting new offer for Young Carers in West Essex which is funded by the National Lottery for the next 5 years. We have an exciting professional development opportunity to lead delivery of the project, identifying priorities and directing support to where it can make the greatest impact. If you are passionate about supporting children and young people, have experience working in an education, youth, social care or community setting and of project delivery, please get in touch.
Action for Family Carers is a thriving charity which for over 30 years has been providing support for Adult Carers and Young Carers – people with unpaid, caring responsibilities for others. We are a Carers Trust Network Partner and hold Trusted Charity status. We provide information, befriending, counselling, Young Carers clubs, Activity Groups and Day Care across Essex, working within schools, with GP practices and in a variety of community settings.
Young Carers Lead
Working with Young Carers aged 8-18
Location: Hybrid working with office base at Wych Elm, Harlow
Starting salary: £25,534
This post is full time (35 hours per week)
Your role will be to drive positive change for Young Carers across West Essex:
- Lead on the identification of needs and priorities for Young Carers and their families.
- Understand local strengths and gaps in provision.
- Deliver one to one and group support for and with Young Carers in schools and other community settings.
- Work with schools, colleges, health and social care providers to help achieve positive outcomes.
- Support the positive transition of Young Carers as they become Young Adult Carer.
You will need to be:
- Passionate about helping disadvantaged young people.
- Skilled and experienced in working with children and young people, Proactive and organised.
- Able to manage complex cases including safeguarding issues.
- Confident in working with groups and promoting the service.
- Full induction and relevant training.
- Contributory pension scheme.
- 24-hour Confidential Staff Helpline
- An opportunity to help vulnerable families in the local community
- A chance to be part of a supportive and friendly team.
Closing date for applications 5pm 24th November 2023
Post: Brickhouse Farm, Poulton Close, Maldon,
Essex, CM9 6NG
To find out more about the roles please feel free to call our Young Carers Service Manager Chris Vince on 07702 858656 for an informal discussion
Action for Family Carers is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from all sections of the community. If you have difficulty reading this please call us or come into one of our offices.
Registered Charity No: 1127164