Website Content Manager (17596)
Location: Workplace offer: Hybrid working, Barnardo's hub/office or home address
Contract type: Permanent
Salary: £38,480 - £52,000 per annum + Office at Home allowance £312 pa
Closing Date: 26 November 2023
Interview Date: To be confirmed
The purpose of the role is to manage the creation, commissioning, publishing and distribution of marketing content across Barnardo's owned media channels – website and blog – in order to meet the charity's objectives and in line with priorities. Your main responsibilities will be:
- Write, commission and edit content for our website and blog to maintain a consistent tone of voice in all marketing communications.
- Develop the content on the main site via our web content management system (Drupal).
- Maintain robust processes for managing how content is stored, revised, approved and distributed
- Proactively lead and manage day to day workload and activities, working closely with internal and external stakeholders as necessary, to ensure that progress on delivery and specified targets is monitored and reported regularly, and that any issues are addressed and resolved to the satisfaction of stakeholders.
- Identify structures and processes needed to develop strategic communications plans for each priority area and work with the Head of Digital Content & Engagement leadership team to put these in place.
- Manage the area of budget related to the channels, enduring invoices are processed accurately and timely.
- Maintain clear and consistent processes for briefing-in campaigns and managing workflow.
- Access and manage reputational risk on website and blog.
- Test and optimise online content to increase audience reach and engagement.
- Report on the effectiveness of content marketing campaigns at appropriate intervals.
- Ensure that direct reports have clear objectives and agreed priorities.
Please note due to the high volume of applications for some posts, this advert might close before the displayed closing date. We recommend that you apply for this role as soon as possible
Workplace Offer: What it means for you
The world of work has changed. We are understanding of what works best for our colleagues both current and future as we look to embrace this new way of working. Our hybrid working initiative is based on trust, flexibility and empowerment. We understand our workplace offer means different things to different people, and we encourage those conversations. This may mean working at one of our stores, services, working at home, at one of our Collaboration Hubs or any combination of these.
- Barnardo's believe in creating equality of opportunity in the workplace and supporting people to manage their work-life balance; we are therefore open to offering flexible working arrangements.
- 26 days annual leave plus bank holidays, increasing after 5 years service
- The ability to buy up to another 5 days annual leave via our HolidayPlus scheme
- A host of family friendly leave options including company Maternity Paternity and Adoption pay; together with all family additional leave options
- Service related sick pay from day 1
- Access to a Group Personal Pension with a matched 4% or 6% contribution from Barnardo's. Ability to pay via salary sacrifice to garner both tax and NI savings on your own contribution
- Death in service cover of 4x annual earnings for all staff contributing to our Group Personal Pension
- Cycle2work scheme
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Discounts and cashback from at high street shops including major supermarkets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via our Benefit Portal
- 20% discount at Barnardo's stores
- Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
- Access to Barnardo's Learning and Development offer
*T&C's apply based on contract
At Barnardo's we believe in children – no matter who they are, what they have done or what they have been through. Please read about our basis and values following the link below. You will be asked questions relating to them as part of the recruitment process for this role.
Our commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) is reflected in our values and our practice, and we have invested in this area of our work to ensure that we can deliver on our commitments to be an inclusive employer. EDI is a key enabler of our purpose as a charity and we want to ensure that the diversity of our teams is reflective of the communities we serve and that we continue to learn and develop our work with a focus on inclusion. We particularly encourage applications from candidates from Black, Asian and Minoritised Ethnic Communities, candidates who are LGBT+ and Disabled candidates.
Our basis and values