Lunchtime Assistant- Carlton Hill Nursery and Pre-School
£10.42- £10.84 per hour
Part Time, Permanent
If you love children, this could be the job for you
“When I come back from holiday, the children’s faces light up.”- Bobbi-Jo, former Apprentice
We’re the London Early Years Foundation, or LEYF Nurseries for short; a family of 40 nurseries. Our people love working for us because we focus on the child and their family, and give them the best start in life.
LEYF is known for quality teachers - we give you strong in-house training and access to promotion. Our nurseries feel independent and community focused, and teams take care of each other.
What’s in it for you?
“I could come in sad … and just seeing one child could change my attitude for the whole day. I absolutely love it.”- Jaida, Apprentice
- Lots of training, promotions and a good salary for the sector
- Flexible working contract choices ? full-time, part-time (3 days, AM or PM shifts)
- Generous pension at 7% from us (1% from you)
- 70% discount on childcare fees
- Up to 35 days off a year, including 8 bank holidays, 3 days off between Christmas and New Year, and your birthday (pro-rated for part-time hours)
- Sector-leading parental leave
- Many other benefits that take care of you, including access to the Headspace app, shopping discounts, annual conference and money for team celebrations
A bit about the role
“I like the teamwork here. They’ve given me a lot of skills to help develop my career.”- Estefania, Early Years Assistant
If you like being around children and want a job that fits around your commitments, this could be a great role for you. You’ll typically work part-time hours between 11.30am and 2.30pm, and our nurseries run all year round.
You’ll supervise meals, tidy up efficiently, help soothe children to sleep and support activities for children who are not sleeping.
While entry qualifications aren’t necessary, if you want to learn more, we can help you get the training you need.
- The right to work in the UK
- To be able to work all year round
- A strong work ethic
- An ability to safeguard and protect children
- To be positive, reliable and friendly
About the nursery
Rated Outstanding by Ofsted, Carlton Hill Nursery and Pre-School provides Early Years education and care to children from birth to 5 years old. The Nursery is located close to Maida Vale and Kilburn Park. Our children might make wooden toys and props, cook in our home corner, take part in science experiments, climb trees, grow fruit and veg or spot insects in our ‘jungle’ and much more.
Contact us today, our friendly recruiters are waiting to hear from you.