Deputy Manager- Conservatoire Nursery and Pre-School
£31,300- £33,700 per annum
London, SE3 9RQ
Full Time, Permanent
We put people before profit: work for a family of nurseries with heart
"You never feel alone at LEYF- there's always someone to turn to"- Selamawit, Nursery Manager
We're the London Early Years Foundation, or LEYF Nurseries for short; a family of 40 nurseries. Our people love working for us because we focus on the child and their family and give them the best start in life.
LEYF is known for quality teachers- we give you strong in-house training and access to promotion. Our nurseries feel independent and community focused. and teams take care of each other. You can join a family of nurseries with a great support network.
What's in it for you?
"I wanted more job satisfaction, so I came back to LEYF"- Sunita, Nursery Manager
- Lots of training, promotions and a good salary for the sector
- Generous pension at 7% from us (1% from you)
- 70% discount on childcare fees
- Up to 35 days off a year, including 8 bank holidays, 3 days off between Christmas and New Year, and your birthday (pro-rated for part-time hours)
- Sector- leading parental leave
- Many other benefits that take care of you, including access to the Headspace app, shopping discounts, annual conference and money for team celebrations
A bit about the role
"I have received a great deal of support, recognition and training, always having someone I can talk to."- Marta, Nursery Manager
We know you work in Early Years because you love helping children develop and learn. You are warm and keen to give children the best education to succeed in life.
You'll have lots of time creating fun activities for children, but you'll also support the Nursery Manager in the smooth running of the nursery. This will involve helping support the team, as well as helping with nursery finances, staffing, health and safety, partnering with parents, and ensuring the quality of the curriculum.
Every nursery shares LEYF's unique teaching model. But you will have the freedom to be creative to suit how the children learn best. Whether you hop on a train to the Science Museum, take a bus to make friends at a nearby LEYF nursery, or bake with your nursery chef, it's always about the children in our nurseries.
You will need
- The right to work in the UK
- Team Leadership and a strong relationship builder
- Level 3 or above childcare qualification
- Good ideas on how to maintain high quality and ratio bound environments
- An ability to safeguard and protect children
- To be positive, adaptable and friendly
About the nursery
Rated Outstanding by Ofsted, Conservatoire Nursery and Pre-School provides Early Years education and care to children from birth to 5 years old.
You can find us in Blackheath, not far from the station. We're a spacious nursery in a handsome Victorian building, with seperate areas for different age groups and a large garden,
Our children can choose from a wide range of activities, from gardening to science experiments and sensory play to physical activities, dialogic reading and more. They love to get out and about in the community too- shopping for fruit and veg at the local market or nature-spotting on Blackheath.
Contact us today, our friendly recruiters are waiting to hear from you.