Youth Worker – Team Lead (Professional Youth Worker)
Duration: Full-time, fixed term
Location: West London, UK
Jamal Edwards Delve is a grassroots youth work charity, founded by Jamal Edwards MBE providing young people with opportunities to learn, work and connect with others. The charity delivers weekly, open-access youth provision across West London for young people ages 10 – 21.
Since 2019, we have worked with over 400 young people from different backgrounds, ages and experiences. We deliver open-access youth provision that is equal, participatory and youth-led, across a number of youth centres in the Ealing borough.
- Work closely with CEO to create, drive and implement programme for youth centres
- Supervise & manage junior youth workers and external resources (tutors, coaches, researchers)
- Manage all Delve youth projects in collaboration with CEO
- Lead, develop and support all front-line work including delivering sessions with young people (this may include groupwork, outreach, one to one session, issue-based mentoring, project work etc.)
- Work closely with young people to develop programme for youth centre and wider neighbourhood
- Develop trusting relationships with young people from different backgrounds and needs
- Support CEO in managing and developing partnerships
- Support fundraising efforts including providing input on grant applications, proposals etc.
- Provide any other support related to delivery and some administrative tasks
This role may require you to work afternoons, evenings and the occasional weekend.
- Must have a Professional Youth Work qualification* (qualified youth worker) or a qualification in a relevant area of study
- Experience of direct work with young people (experience of one-to-one, centre-based, groupwork and/or outreach work)
- Experience of working with young people with challenging behaviour or hard to reach (preferable)
- Experience of putting together proposals & bids for the purposes of raising funds (preferable)
- Demonstrate the ability to drive, structure, plan a programme and deliver sessions for young people
- Experience of managing a team or staff members
- Demonstrate initiative, creativity & flexibility
Any employment offer is subject to passing an Enhanced DBS.
*Candidates who do not have a Professional Youth Work qualification, may still be considered provided that they have significant experience of working with young people.