Service Manager – Children & Families (Female*)
£40,379 pro rata p.a.
28 hours per week
Job Ref: SM072302
Are you an experienced support services manager or social worker with management experience? Would you like to work in a women-centred and trauma-informed environment with mothers, their babies, children, and young people affected by domestic abuse/violence, often with complex backgrounds and needs? We would love to hear from you.
About the role:
Working closely and collaboratively with all levels in the organisation, you will utilise your skills in working with early years and young people, providing a range of evidence-based programmes and 1-1 support for mothers, their children. You will do this both through via the experienced staff you work with and support, as well as by holding a caseload of your own. You will lead on safeguarding children within the organisation and will be an active member of the RISE Leadership Team, including contributing to the strategic direction of the organisation and bidding for further funds, training staff and external customers, and ensuring contract compliance for projects under your remit.
More information about the role and how to apply is available on the RISE website https://www.riseuk.org.uk/about-us/jobs
We will shortlist and interview on a rolling basis, without waiting for a set closing date. Therefore, this vacancy may be withdrawn at short notice.
This post is subject to a DBS check.
* This post is only open to female applicants as being female is deemed to be a genuine occupational requirement under Schedule 9, Paragraph 1 of the Equality Act 2010.
The successful candidate will join a highly regarded women-led, women-centred, and trauma-informed charity with almost 30-years track record in violence against women and girls (VAWG) and LGBT Domestic Abuse.
RISE is committed to ending racism and has signed up to the Ending Racism in VAWG commitments: https://www.endingracisminvawg.org/
We are committed to actively holding anti-racist values and practices and nurturing the contributions from Black and minoritised women within the sector so that Black and minoritised leadership can grow.
RISE is a Disability Confident Employer.
Benefits that we can offer in return:
- 3% employer contribution pension.
- Generous holiday entitlement of 27 days’ annual leave rising to 29 after 5 years plus bank holidays.
- Employee-assisted programme.
- Focus on well-being and balancing flexible working alongside RISE’s priorities.
- Committed to training and learning opportunities for continuous development.
- Trauma focused wellbeing support.
- Flexible working.