Young People Substance Misuse Practitioner
All Departments Harrow YP
Advertising Salary: £27,180 - £31,335 p.a. inclusive of London Weighting Allowance
Vacancy Type: Permanent
Hours Per Week: 37
About The Role
Do you have the experience and drive to ensure that in Harrow we deliver the best possible outcomes for our children and young people.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a full-time permanent post for a Young People’s Substance Misuse Practitioner at our Harrow Young People’s service.
The service has been providing structured and targeted interventions to young people engaging in or at risk of substance misuse. The post holder will work on an outreach basis across the area including visiting schools, working with the Metropolitan Police, the Children and Families service, the YOT and Northwick Park Hospital as well as other agencies.
The role will involve supporting young people away from engaging in substance misuse and providing them with skills and coping strategies to manage their recovery journey, delivering 1-1 and group work interventions, targeted outreach to engage ‘hard-to-reach’ young people and delivery of professional workforce development packages to partner agencies.
Working hours will be Monday – Friday, 37 hours per week, which will include at least one evening per week and Saturdays on a monthly rota.
You will be holding a relevant qualification in substance misuse/youth work/psychology/counselling/ mental health/social care, you will also:
- Have experience of working with at risk/vulnerable young people in a community setting
- Be able to deliver behaviour change support, including group work
- Be knowledgeable about: safeguarding children, confidentiality, consent and mental capacity and Hidden Harm
- Adopt a flexible approach to work – hours and locations
Compass is the sole provider of substance misuse treatment for young people in the London Borough of Harrow. The service is set up to provide and deliver all elements of the treatment system.
In return, we offer a range of benefits including:
- 27 days’ holiday + bank holidays, rising to 32 days over time
- Life assurance at 2 x basic salary
- 5% contributory pension scheme, increasing over time
- Family-friendly policies
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme and OH service
- Enhanced sick pay
- Excellent learning & development opportunities and career progression
- Annual performance / salary review
Closing date: Sunday 21 August 2022
Interview date: Monday 29 August 2022
Compass is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults and you should share our commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check. We value diversity at Compass and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Established for 30 years, Compass is a national charity which works in communities across the UK providing services spanning substance misuse treatment and rehabilitation, early interventions for vulnerable young people, school aged health programmes and associated prevention as well as treatment and health promotion initiatives.