School Activity and Workshop Facilitators (Freelance/zero-hour)
Location: Across various locations in London
Salary: £20 per hour, with reasonable travel expenses paid. Freelance rate negotiable.
Contract Type: Freelance and zero-hour
Closing date: 27th August 2022, however please apply as soon as you can as we have summer work available in preparation for delivery in schools from September onwards.
Reporting to: School Delivery Manager
Hours: Flexible based on your availability
Do you have a passion for providing children and young people with the skills, knowledge, and attitude to thrive in life? Can you actively manage a learning environment so that it engages, inspires, and motivates pupils, and develops their employment and interpersonal skills?
If so, please read on!
Runway Training was established in 2008 as a provider specialising in adult literacy and numeracy. Today we offer a wide range of courses and programmes across the South East that aim to support people to achieve their learning, work and career goals.
Runway offers the following to all staff:
- Flexible working hours
- Access to company vehicles and mileage allowance
- Excellent CPD opportunities
- Great working culture with opportunities to join and take part in Charity Committee activities
- Free massages
The Learning to Succeed programme:
Runway Training has a contract with London Quadrant Housing (L&Q) to deliver their Learning to Succeed (LtS) 0.2 Programme across 30 schools in London with the aim of providing young people with the skills, knowledge, and attitude to thrive in life. The programme has evolved from the three-year Learning to Succeed (LtS 0.1) programme that was successfully delivered to 13,000 students across 30 schools in London boroughs between 2018-2021.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Deliver face to face and online presentations, interactive workshops, assemblies, and other activities within schools that are inclusive, collaborative, engaging and that meet cohort needs, e.g., implementation of adapted resources/activities.
- Confidently deliver educational sessions with content ranging from, but not limited to, career, STEM, well-being, mental health, and the environment.
- Host and introduce professional speakers/volunteers.
- Ensure all sessions connect to the Gatsby Benchmarks.
- Undertake necessary administrative tasks – to ensure the preparation and smooth running of our workshops/events, including the successful implementation of monitoring tools within sessions to measure pupil’s learning and ‘distance travelled and ensuring feedback is completed by teachers and volunteers as required.
- Promote the safety and welfare of pupils in line with the organisation’s safeguarding policy and procedures.
- Contribute to new ideas and ensure best practice by providing feedback, and taking a creative approach to delivery whilst maintaining the high standard of our sessions
- Attend and participate in meetings as required.
- Demonstrate commitment to equality and diversity/British Values.
- Always ensure adherence to Health and Safety regulations.
- Attend training/CPD events and courses as required, maintaining own CPD.
- Completion of all and any other duties as reasonably requested by the Schools Delivery Manager.
- Hold responsibility for own professional development
- Undertake all duties in accordance with Runway Training’s policies and procedures with reference to Health & Safety and Equal Opportunities.
We have sessions/work available immediately in June and July, so please do apply as soon as you can.
To Apply, please send your CV and a short (no more than one A4 page) supporting statement to firstname.lastname@example.org Please state in your email the role you are applying for and that you saw the advert on the CYP Now site.
Your supporting statement should cover the following:
- Why you are applying for the role
- An example (case study) of how you actively managed a learning environment to engage, inspire, and motivate participants to develop their skills or understanding of a topic
*Runway will actively review applications as they are submitted and will invite applicants for interview before the closing date and subsequently appoint as we meet the right candidates. To avoid disappointment please do not delay in applying.
Runway believes children, young and vulnerable adults have rights as individuals, and should be treated with dignity and respect and have a fundamental right to be protected from harm. Candidates must be able to evidence their suitability to work with children, young and vulnerable adults. The successful candidate will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check prior to confirmed role start.