Specialist Case worker (Boys and Young men affected by sexual exploitation)
Location: Face to face delivery pan London, agile working for all other duties, office location Southwark
Reports to: Service Manager
Contract: Permanent subject to funding
Hours of work: 35 hours per week
Salary: Grade B point 1 £25,650 to point 5 £31,050. Grade B point 1 £27,445 to point 5 £33,220 (from 1st September 2022)
About Safer London
Safer London is a leading charity working with young Londoners and their families affected by violence and exploitation. We believe that all young Londoners can have a positive and productive future.
Whatever their history, when a child or young person comes to Safer London, they are just that – a child or a young person. By working alongside young Londoners, their families and peers, as well as the places where they spend their time, we can create a safe London not just for them – but everyone.
About the role
We are looking for a motivated, driven Specialist Case Worker Boys and Young Men affected by sexual exploitation. This is a fantastic opportunity for you to play an integral role in improving the lives of young Londoners, their families, peers, and communities.
Core responsibilities of the role are, but not limited to:
- Delivering effective one to one support to children, young people and their families in line with the Safer London model of work in collaboration with young Londoners so that their voice is centred, and they receive the required support to meet their individual assessed needs
- Work in a manner which honours our organisational values and is responsive to the trauma and experiences young Londoners, families and communities experience.
- Carry out robust risk assessments and strengths-based needs assessments, ensuring safeguarding is the priority, to ensure the most appropriate intervention is offered and risks are managed and escalated appropriately.
- Maintain essential records accurately ensuring high quality case recording.
- Complete reports (which may be shared with statutory bodies such as the police, courts, children social care and can be shared with the family) that accurately reflect the work undertaken in professional manner.
- Maintain effective communication both written and verbal whether this is virtual, face-to-face.
If you are committed, resilient and ambitious Specialist case worker (boys and young men affected by sexual exploitation) and believe you have what it takes to help us to improve the safety of young Londoners and their families then please apply.
We are committed to protecting and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and we expect anyone who works and volunteers with us to share this commitment.
We request An Enhanced DBS (Disclosure Barring Service) check as part of the recruitment process.
At Safer London we value diversity and we’re committed to creating an inclusive culture. We encourage and welcome applications from people of all backgrounds. We know that in order to make London a safer place for the young people that live here, we need a diverse range of perspectives, experience, and knowledge.
Our Benefits Package
Safer London continually reviews its pay and offers generous benefits:
- Safer London is an agile working organisation. This means you have flexibility to work across different locations e.g. from home, our current office premises (Southwark) and community locations (café/co-working spaces) when you are not delivering face to face work in the community.
- Our Flexible Working Policy allows requests from day 1.
- Pension Scheme
- Season Ticket Loans
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Mental Health Free Helpline
- Death in Service Benefit
- Acting up, additional responsibilities and student supervisor roles provide opportunities to develop and progress your career. Recognised by additional pay.
- Holiday Allowance - You will be entitled to 28 days holiday plus bank holidays and other statutory holidays, part time employees receive a pro-rata entitlement.
- Annual leave linked to length of service - 3 years’ service 30 days and 5 years’ service 33 days, part time employees receive a pro-rata entitlement.
For more information, please make sure you download the Job Description at the bottom of the page.
To apply, please use the apply now button.
As an agile working organisation, shortlisting will take place on a rolling basis and the closing date is subject to change at any time. Interviews are currently taking place via video conference.
Should you need any adjustments to the recruitment process or if you experience any technical issues when trying to access and/or complete the application through the online portal, please contact us via the “Contact us” section of our website.