Barnardo's National Counter Trafficking Service are looking for a Regional Practice Coordinator working in the Independent Child Trafficking Guardianship Service (ICTGs)
Permanent (fixed term funding until December 2022)
Location of Post
Home Based with extensive travel around the regions
- North - North Yorkshire (predominantly covering North Yorkshire, with the potential to work across the wider North Region of West Yorkshire, Lancashire, Merseyside & Greater Manchester)
The salary offered will be based on: location, experience and qualifications.
Location of Post: Home Based with some travel around the regions as stated above. We are looking for candidates that live within 30 mins drive of the regions available.
Regional Practice Coordinators' (RPC) offer indirect support to children and young people by providing specialist advice and guidance to professionals who are working with the child or young person directly.
Regional Practice Co-ordinator's…
- Support professionals working with children who have been trafficked so that the professionals can help and support children to navigate the complex systems of social care and criminal justice.
- Raise awareness of trafficking and exploitation indicators to enable professionals to identify potential trafficking, particularly at early stages.
- Enable the voices of children who have experienced trafficking to be heard, encouraging and informing best practice and strategy development.
- Promote best practice in keeping children safe and the prevention of re-trafficking of children by providing advocacy, guidance and signposting to relevant services for professionals working with children who have been trafficked.
- Identify unmet regional need and bring it to the attention of local partners in effective and proactive ways.
- Develop a practice strategy in the region alongside multi-agency stakeholders to find the best ways to upskill and support professionals across the sector to recognise trafficking in all its forms.
What we are looking for:
- Individuals with the drive, energy and experience to develop the ICTG Service within the advertised region especially in regards to child trafficking and modern slavery.
- Ability and drive to keep developing, learning and investigating your own practice knowledge so that this can be cascaded within the sector in creative and effective ways.
- Ability to capture trends and undertake regional and national analysis to improve practice outcomes for children and young people.
- A confident person who can engage and contribute in multi-agency forums bringing constructive challenge, advice and guidance alongside the child's voice and perspective.
- A person who has the interpersonal skills to develop trusted relationships with many individuals from across both the statutory and third sector, which provides a platform to advocate effectively for the needs of children and young people.
- A person who has an experienced track record of working within both operational and strategic roles and the ability to navigate a range of legislative frameworks.
When completing your application please refer to your skills knowledge and experience in relation to the Person Specification, Job Description and Additional Information document (if applicable). This should be done with an understanding of the context of the service described.
Although this contract has a permanent status, please be aware that this post is subject to continued funding, currently until 31st December 2022, and therefore should this funding not be extended further, you may be subject to a redundancy consultation or a TUPE arrangement.
Salary will be based on experience, qualifications and location. Market supplement will be awarded to those living in and around London.
Barnardo's offers a hybrid working model covered under our `Work from Anywhere' Framework, therefore vacancies advertised with this as an opportunity are open for applicants to either work from home or any location within the UK, including Barnardo's Hub/Office that is a reasonable distance from your home address.
Barnardo's believe in creating equality of opportunity in the workplace and supporting people to manage their work-life balance; we are therefore open to offering flexible working arrangements.