Head of Operations
Salary Range: £45,000 per annum
Location: Trevone House, Gloucester
Full COVID 19 vaccinations are mandatory for this role.
Homes2inspire Limited are recruiting to a new role as Head of Operations at our semi-independent provision, Trevone House in Gloucester! Homes2inspire are proud to be part of Shaw Trust Group, a charity helping to transform the lives of young people and adults across the UK.
At Homes2Inspire, we are passionate about what we do, we strive for excellence in the care we provide, ensuring our children and young people are safe and supported day-to-day.
Trevone House is Gloucestershire County Council’s flagship, semi-independent accommodation for young people aged 16 to 25. We provide care leavers, the very best pathway to a brighter future, in addition to giving specialist support to those needing help at a time of crisis.
In addition to 19 flats for young people leaving care, Trevone House has a well-being suite offering young people a place of safety and calm, and two specialist flats for young people who need additional support with their mental health needs
The Head of Operations will be expected to offer high levels of operational oversite and management to the day to day running of the provision.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Support the Team Leaders and Senior Officers to supervise and lead a team of Support Officers to achieve best outcomes for young people at Trevone House.
- Manage and be accountable for the transition of young people to and from Trevone House, ensuring minimum impact to the daily lives of the residents.
- Ensure good employment opportunities, education and training for the young people who are residents at Trevone House.
- Work collaboratively with key external stakeholders to ensure a multi-agency approach to the care of the young people at Trevone House.
- Be accountable for the health and safety management at Trevone House.
- Ensure high standard of quality assurance ensuring all information is recorded appropriately.
- Work in line with the Trevone House specification for service ensuring all contractual terms are being met with.
- Ensure high level of safeguarding across Trevone House for all residents and staff.
- Participate in the on-call rota for Trevone House, providing out of office management support for staff.
The full job description is attached at the bottom of this advert.
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Medicash – Claim back an annual cost of everyday healthcare including dental, optical and specialist treatments.
- Wellbeing support - Employee Assistant Program (EAP) – 24/7 access to support via phone, sms, whatsapp and live chat. 8 free counselling sessions/short-term solutions provided
To ensure we have the right person for the role, we need to ensure they have the right skills, attributes, and qualifications. The Head of Operations is required to:
- Hold Level 5 in Leadership and Management or equivalent
- Have previous experience working in a setting with children and young people
- Have experience of managing a team of staff and empowering them to fulfil their roles.
- Have experience of working and engaging with hard-to-reach young people.
- Possess knowledge of Safeguarding practices for children and adults as well as being able to work in line with the safeguarding practices for them.
All successful candidates will be subject to a vetting process in line with safer recruitment requirements. This includes right to work checks, Enhanced DBS Check for Children and Adults workforce (H2I will cover the cost of this check) and satisfactory reference checks in line with safer recruitment requirements.
Please note we are not currently able to support any visa sponsorship applications.
For more information on this role, please contact Jess Albrechsten, Trevone House Service Director on 07935 709120.
Interested candidates should send their CV via the form below.