Nursery French Teacher
Location: Streatham, London
Hours: Full Time
Salary: £9.50-£13 per hour
Committed and innovative French teacher required to join our bilingual nursery in Streatham. Little Linguists Nursery School Ltd has a clear mission statement to provide quality care and education in a bilingual, stable, caring environment. This will give children a unique opportunity to learn in and about another language and culture, whilst still meeting the demands of the Early Years Foundation Stage, striving for high standards and progress in their learning. Other business activity will include running one-hour creative classes for parents and babies.
Role and Responsibilities
As an Early Years Educator you will be expected:
- To be motivated and enthusiastic about working with young children
- To provide appropriate care and supervision of the children at all times
- To follow the one-person one-language (OPOL) system.
- To work towards achieving a happy & welcoming environment for children, parents & visitors.
- To ensure that all children receive stimulating play experiences appropriate to their age and stage of development.
- To adhere to all policies and procedures at all times.
- To develop effective relationships with your colleagues and carers.
- Support the maintenance of a safe and clean environment for children.
- To read stories and provide other activities to develop language skills
- To take children on outings
- To help children learn skills such as dressing and using cutlery
- To feed, bathe and change babies
- To work in partnership with the Nursery Owner& other team members to ensure the smooth & efficient operating & organisation of the nursery.
- To work towards achieving agreed targets, in terms of occupancy and budget in order to guarantee commercial success and a flourishing environment for children, parents and staff.
- To assist the nursery assistants in planning and observations of children.
- To lead by example, to challenge and support nursery assistants to realise and achieve their full potential.
- To manage own workload and keep allocated key children’s books and report’s up to date.
- To keep abreast of current early childhood thinking/trends specifically related to the relevant curriculum
- To ensure policies and procedures are designed, implemented and adhered to at all times.
- Support the maintenance of a safe and clean environment for children. (including tidying up rooms, putting away in dishwasher, etc).
- Liaise with outside agencies such as Early Years Advisors and Health Visitors
- To ensuring Welfare and Safeguarding Children procedures are followed
- To work towards the nursery curriculum.
- Attend staff meetings and appropriate training courses when required.
- Work from 7.00am when required.
- This job description is not exhaustive and may be reviewed further to the requirements of the Nursery.
- Excellent rates of pay, bonuses and benefits with ongoing support and career development.
- The successful candidates will be caring for children aged between six weeks and five years old between the hours of 7.30am and 6.30pm Monday – Friday.
- This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Applicants must be prepared to disclose any convictions they may have and any orders which have been made against them.
- Every shortlisted candidate will be asked to take part in a supervised practical exercise which will involve spending time in a particular age group in the nursery interacting with the children, staff and where appropriate parents.
- All applicants will be required to complete and pay for an enhanced DBSDisclosure.
To apply, please send CV and Cover Letters to firstname.lastname@example.org