Chance UK has been delivering early-intervention services across London since 1995. Our longest running programme is our mentoring service where Mentors pick the child up from home and run a 1:1 session in the community, once a week for 2 hours. They use the solution-focused approach to work on building the child’s self-esteem and confidence, set goals and explore new places.
About the role
We are looking for an experienced administrator with strong technical capability, who is extremely organised, has a can-do approach, and enjoys being busy. In this post, you will be responsible for the day to day administration support of the management and programmes team. This role would involve occasional travel to support or lead on graduation ceremonies and hybrid working arrangements would be agreed with the line manager.
- Strong self-motivation and flexible team player
- Has a ‘can do’ attitude
- Pursues tasks/goals with energy, drive and need for completion
- Is solution focused and pre-empts problems by seeking guidance or taking action on an issue, task or project within their role
- Plans and prioritises work effectively
- Enjoys revising and improving processes/policies
- Shows initiative and takes responsibility for own workload
- Absolute discretion in dealing with sensitive and confidential paperwork
Duties and Responsibilities
- Providing effective day-to-day administrative support to the Management Team, including assisting Chance UK’s Chief Executive;
- Assisting in coordinating and administration of Chance UK events including staff meetings, board meetings and other organisational meetings and events, including minute taking, preparation and circulation of relevant documents;
- Providing administrative assistance to the Programmes team, including planning mentoring graduations;
- Producing and updating branded organisational documents and templates;
- Inducting staff in all Chance UK systems (Salesforce, Microsoft Office and Teams, Form Assembly and Canva)
- Responding to and forwarding all enquiries in the Chance UK admin inbox
- Providing financial administrative support
- Assisting the fundraising team to get relevant funder information onto Salesforce
- Supporting in administrative tasks related to new staff on boarding, including but not limited to, ordering and couriering equipment, maintaining an asset register of staff equipment, support with setting up and accessing systems
- Collecting, inputting and cleansing programmes data
- Assisting in the programme management process by collecting, collating and producing records, documentation and reports needed by the management team
- Responsibility for regularly and systematically maintaining and updating systems, procedures and records in electronic format to enhance and support operations
- Acting as a liaison between the staff team and external providers of IT and systems support and equipment, triaging all staff IT and systems issues and passing them onto the relevant provider;
- Supporting with communications by assisting on the staff newsletter and updating the Chance UK website using WordPress
Please note that we operate a mixed delivery approach which would require employees to have the rights to work in the UK and based in the UK.
Chance UK is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and therefore our recruitment process for this post will include an enhanced DBS check.
If you would like to apply for a role with us, please complete an online application which can be found below. This post will be open until Monday 24th July, after this date outcomes will be confirmed with all received applications within 10 days of the closing date. Interviews will be held week commencing August 1st 2022.