Children and Young People Practitioners, Residential
Location: Working from their residential unit, Yvonne House, SW8 (Zone 2). Office based in SE11 (Zone 1).
Salary: £26,400 pa + £1,000 bonus for successful completion of Diploma + Travel to work + Pension + Staff Wellbeing Fund (+ opportunities for extra pay through overtime and the on-call rota)
Hours: Full time (36hrs pw) and part-time, shift work
Our client is recruiting for C&YP Practitioners to work collaboratively with other professionals in their all-female residential setting for young care leavers, aged 16-17 years old.
Through lone and group working Practitioners build warm, caring and empowering relationships with young women, taking the lead in developing and delivering placement plans to support their health, education, social, and day-to-day needs. This is an important and significant role in helping young care leavers thrive and fulfil their potential.
The full-time position involves shift working between 8am to 8pm over 3 or 4 days per week with occasional weekend working.
The part-time position involves shift working between 8am to 8pm at weekends.
They are passionate about learning and development and committed to providing an outstanding experience for all Practitioners, both full-time and part-time.
Do you have:
- Experience of working with young people – e.g. mentor, coach, teaching assistant, youth/community work, mental health, volunteering
- A commitment to making a difference to young people in care through kindness, collaboration, and creativity.
- Strong values and a commitment to inclusion, diversity and equality
- An understanding of the impact of trauma and secondary trauma
- An ability to understand, recognise and respond appropriately to risk
- Ambition matched with a desire for continuous professional development
They believe all staff should be paid well for work that delivers excellent services and changes the lives of young people in and leaving care.
As a result they offer:
- Competitive Sector Salary (including options to flex working hours up or down) + Work Related Travel + Pension Contribution
- Generous Annual Leave - 37 Days pro-rata, including Bank Holidays.
- Wellbeing Budget (£25 per month for all staff to encourage self-care)
- Monthly wellbeing time
- Training and Support – online modules, group training and personal training budget
- Line Management and Therapeutic 1:1 Supervision, and Therapeutic Group Supervision monthly
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
Closing date: 5pm, 4 July 2022
Interviews: w/c 11 July 2022
Start date: Mid August
To find out more information, please click the apply button. You will be taken to a simple CHM Recruit form and then redirected to complete your application for this position.
No agencies please.