School Delivery Tutor
Location: Based from Croydon, London: CR0 2BX, with Travel across London
Salary: £18,000 to £29,000 depending on experience and qualifications (pro-rata - term time only).
Contract Type: Permanent
Closing Date: Sunday 17th July 2022
Reporting to: School Delivery Manager
Hours: Term-Time Only
Do you have a passion for providing children and young people with the skills, knowledge, and attitude to thrive in life? Can you actively manage a learning environment so that it engages, inspires, and motivates pupils, and develops their employment and interpersonal skills?
If so, please read on!
(This role would be ideal for parents looking for term-time only work)
Runway Training was established in 2008 as a provider specialising in adult literacy and numeracy. Today we offer a wide range of courses and programmes across the South East that aim to support people to achieve their learning, work and career goals.
Runway offers the following to all staff:
- Flexible working hours
- Access to company vehicles and mileage allowance
- Excellent CPD opportunities
- Great working culture with opportunities to join and take part in Charity Committee activities
- Free massages
The Learning to Succeed programme:
Runway Training has a contract with London Quadrant Housing (L&Q) to deliver their Learning to Succeed (LtS) 0.2 Programme across 30 schools in London with the aim of providing young people with the skills, knowledge, and attitude to thrive in life. The programme has evolved from the three-year Learning to Succeed (LtS 0.1) programme that was successfully delivered to 13,000 students across 30 schools in London boroughs between 2018-2021.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely with L&Q School Enablers to ensure long-standing and nurtured working relationships with school within a geographical area (e.g., London Boroughs)
- Contribute to the development of the Learning to Succeed 0.2 curriculum, session plans and resources, adapting resources to meet the needs of students e.g., key stage and learning needs.
- Deliver face to face and online presentations, interactive workshops, assemblies, and other activities within schools that are inclusive, collaborative, engaging and that meet cohort needs, e.g., implementation of adapted resources/activities.
- Confidently deliver educational sessions with content ranging from, but not limited to, career, STEM, well-being, mental health, and the environment.
- Host and introduce professional speakers/volunteers/Vlogs.
- Ensure all sessions connect to the Gatsby Benchmarks.
- Undertake project work to plan, deliver and evaluate ‘multi-school’ drop-in sessions
- Successfully implement monitoring tools within sessions to measure pupil’s learning and ‘distance travelled within and across a series of sessions.
- Engage and deliver a targeted support offer encouraging older year students to participate with the aim to help them make better career choices
- Promote the safety and welfare of pupils in line with the organisation’s safeguarding policy and procedures.
- Maintain up-to-date vocational and technical subject knowledge that meets the students’ needs.
- Contribute to the writing, delivery, and monitoring of school engagement strategy
- Analyse monitoring data and amend delivery plans to ensure activities meet contract targets
- Record all planned and delivered activity in CRM system in order to provide accurate MI for monitoring reports
- Complete registers, documentation and daily, weekly, and monthly reports as set/requested by Schools Delivery Manager to report on students’ progress and any other related information.
- Develop and maintain a network of partner and employer relationships across a geographical area to facilitate talks/activities that are beneficial to pupils and the programme
- Work to, and achieve set key performance indicators
- Attend and participate in meetings as required.
- Demonstrate commitment to equality and diversity/British Values.
- Always ensure adherence to Health and Safety regulations.
- Attend training/CPD events and courses as required, maintaining own CPD
- Completion of all and any other duties as reasonably requested by the Schools Delivery Manager.
- Hold responsibility for own professional development
- Actively participate in organisation activities (e.g., via involvement in working groups)
- Undertake all duties in accordance with Runway Training’s policies and procedures with reference to Health & Safety and Equal Opportunities.
To apply, please send your CV and supporting statement to email@example.com (Please state in your email the role you are applying for and that you saw the advert on the CYP Now site.
Your supporting statement should cover (but not limited to) the following:
- Why you are applying for the role
- An example (case study) of how you actively managed a learning environment to engage, inspire, and motivate participants to develop their skills or understanding of a topic
*Runway will actively review applications as they are submitted and may invite applicants for interview before the closing date and subsequently appoint if we meet the right candidate. To avoid disappointment please do not delay in applying.
Runway believes children, young and vulnerable adults have rights as individuals, and should be treated with dignity and respect and have a fundamental right to be protected from harm. Candidates must be able to evidence their suitability to work with children, young and vulnerable adults. The successful candidate will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check prior to confirmed role start.