School Delivery Manager
Location: Based from Croydon, London: CR0 2BX, with Travel across London
Salary: £32,000 to £35,000 depending on experience and qualifications
Contract Type: Permanent
Closing date: 14th of July 2022
Reporting to: Learning to Succeed Contract Manager
Hours: Full Time: 35 hours per week
Do you have a passion for providing children and young people with the skills, knowledge, and attitude to thrive in life? Are you an experienced manager who has led a team and/or individuals to achieve positive results for a service or project? Do you have experience of working with external stakeholders and an ability to manage complex, inter-agency relationships?
If so, please read on!
Runway Training was established in 2008 as a provider specialising in adult literacy and numeracy. Today we offer a wide range of courses and programmes across the South East that aim to support people to achieve their learning, work and career goals.
Runway offers the following to all staff:
- Flexible working hours
- Access to company vehicles and mileage allowance
- Excellent CPD opportunities
- Great working culture with opportunities to join and take part in Charity Committee activities
- Free massages
The Learning to Succeed programme:
This is an exciting time to join Runway and take the lead on shaping our Learning to Succeed 0.2 Programme across London Schools, with the aim of providing young people with the skills, knowledge, and attitude to thrive in life.
Runway Training has a contract with London Quadrant Housing (L&Q) to deliver their Learning to Succeed (LtS) 0.2 Programme across 30 schools in London. The programme has evolved from the three-year Learning to Succeed (LtS 0.1) programme that was successfully delivered to 13,000 students across 30 schools in London boroughs between 2018-2021.
The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and maintaining long-standing and nurtured working relationships with our funders/partners and overseeing the successful delivery of an innovative programme of careers and wellbeing sessions within schools
The post holder will line manage a current and growing team of Project Coordinators, apprentices, and a bank of zero hour/freelance and part-time School Delivery Tutors as well as developing the systems and processes for the effective monitoring and evaluating the services.
School Delivery Manager Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be the point of contact for all project partners and take the lead on school engagement both through L&Q School Enablers and directly with schools assigned to Runway
- Lead and oversee the coordination of all aspects of sessions delivery, including the implementation of staff, session plans and resources, and outcome tracking tools
- Lead the development of the Learning to Succeed 0.2 curriculum, session plans and resources
- Where required, deliver face-to-face and online presentations, interactive workshops, assemblies, and other activities within schools
- Oversee the effective coordination, delivery, and monitoring/evaluation of high-quality school sessions
- Be the first point of contact for Runway staff with queries regarding how to most effectively engage and support learners and schools
- Periodically survey schools to ensure the offer is fit for purpose including gaining evaluations and case studies from school staff on a regular basis
- Monitor the recording of information and prepare reports where required, e.g., monthly reports, quarterly reports etc.
- Liaise with school staff to ensure that injury, disability/special needs are raised prior to any sessions taking place
- Contribute to the on-going development of sessions that meet the needs of learners, employers and the skills needs of the schools in collaboration with team members and Management.
- To be an integral part of planning and executing events. For example, open/engaging events to encourage school engagement.
- Ensure all policies and procedures are implemented effectively and efficiently
- Assist in the recruitment, selection and induction of new staff as required
- Line manage delivery staff ensuring implementation of appropriate HR policies and procedures
- Implement line management support and procedures, which leads to the personal and career development of delivery and support staff as appropriate
- Assist with managing the contract budget and authorisation of financial transactions to agreed limits
- Be responsible for promoting, implementing, monitoring, and reviewing quality standards
- Continuously reviewing systems, processes and procedures and implement improvements efficiently and effectively
- Work to, and achieve set key performance indicators
- Demonstrate commitment to equality and diversity/British Values.
- Always ensure adherence to Health and Safety regulations.
- Attend training/CPD events and courses as required, maintaining own CPD
- Completion of all and any other duties as reasonably requested by the Learning to Succeed Contract Manager.
- Hold responsibility for own professional development
- Be involved in broader workings of the organisation (e.g., through involvement in working groups) (e.g., via involvement in working groups)
- Undertake all duties in accordance with Runway Training’s policies and procedures with reference to Health & Safety and Equal Opportunities.
To apply, please send your CV and a short (no more than one A4 page) supporting statement to firstname.lastname@example.org Please state in your email the role you are applying for and that you saw the advert on the C&YP Now site.
Your supporting statement should cover the following:
- Why you are applying/interested in the role
- An overview of how you have successfully managed staff/a team to achieve positive results for a service or project
- Your experience of working with/managing relationships with external stakeholders
*Runway will actively review applications as they are submitted and may invite applicants for interview before the closing date and subsequently appoint if we meet the right candidate. To avoid disappointment please do not delay in applying.
Runway believes children, young and vulnerable adults have rights as individuals, and should be treated with dignity and respect and have a fundamental right to be protected from harm. Candidates must be able to evidence their suitability to work with children, young and vulnerable adults. The successful candidate will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check prior to confirmed role start.