Project Worker - Young People's (SE. London) Services
£23,249 - £25,047pa (starting salary dependent on relevant experience)
37.5 hours per week
Are you committed to supporting young people into independence? Do you have the drive, aptitude and personal qualities which will encourage and coach our residents into developing life skills and support them to manage living independently? Then read on.
Single Homeless Project is a London-wide charity. Our vision is of a society where everyone has a place to call home and the chance to live a fulfilling life. We help single Londoners by preventing homelessness, providing support and accommodation, promoting wellbeing, enhancing opportunity, and being a voice for change.
We currently have new opportunities for you to join our Young People's Services teams, either in Greenwich or in Lewisham. Working within a supported accommodation setting, you will provide a safe and nurturing environment for around 100 young people. We are seeking individuals with relevant experience, who want to make a difference and support our young people.
We run services that are creative, responsive and that provide a foundation which empowers our young people to achieve their aspirations and make positive and sustainable life changes. You will be crucial to making that happen.
As a Project / Support Worker, you will be working under the direction of the Manager, to provide support to the young people we accommodate. You will carry a caseload of clients who you will formulate a comprehensive Needs and Risk Assessment for, which will result in an agreed Support Plan. The plan will inform the ongoing casework, which promotes independence and prepares young people for eventual move on, into independent accommodation.
To be successful, you will have:
- Experience of working with young people to develop life skills and support their involvement in meaningful activities.
- A good understanding of the principles of working in a recovery focused way and how this can be related to producing risk and needs assessments, planning, goal setting and reviewing with young people
- An understanding and experience of applying effective ways of working with young people, in particular; YP’s with mental health and attachment needs including emerging personality disorder and/or significant self-harm
So, if you think you have what it takes, especially if you have experience of working with young people (e.g., within in a YOS or Children's Residential Services), then we would love to hear from you.
This role is shift rota based and will require some weekend work & Bank holidays.
Closing date: 31st May 2022 (at Midnight)
Interviews to be held on: During June 2022
This post will require an Enhanced DBS check to be processed for the successful applicant.
Our attractive benefits package includes:
- A salary increase after successfully completing six months.
- A 37.5 hour working week including flexible working hours (core hours are 10am – 4pm) in non-accommodation services
- 25 days annual leave, increasing annually to the maximum 30 days (plus paid Bank Holidays),
- A contributory pension scheme: Single Homeless Project will contribute the equivalent of 5% of your annual salary
- Staff Health Cash Plan and discounts scheme
- Comprehensive and integrated training programme designed specifically to develop the skills and knowledge involved in our work
Single Homeless Project is actively committed to equal opportunities and the promotion of diversity and inclusion, in all of our services and workplaces. We are also Disability Confident Committed and are IIP Silver accredited.