LINK WORKER - Primary (some with Early Years) and Secondary School
Location: West London (specifically H&F, Brent, Westminster and RBKC)
Salary: From £26,000 per annum
Hours: Full Time and Part Time Roles available
West London Zone is an early intervention charity. We help children and young people build the relationships and skills they need to get on track Socially, Emotionally and Academically, believing that by targeting these key areas of development we can empower children to fulfil their potential. We call this “creating SEA change”.
Are you a proactive self-starter with a passion and drive to change the lives of children and young people? If so, the Link Worker role at West London Zone could be the role for you!
Link Workers are based in schools and work with families, teachers, other professionals and partner organisations to deliver the WLZ programme to young people over two years.
We welcome applicants from a wide range of backgrounds, such as family support work, education, early years, social work, youth and community work, mentoring, or counselling, mental health support.
There are six key components to the Link Worker role:
- Build positive relationships with children, young people and families, developing a detailed understanding of each child on the WLZ programme
- Plan, manage and quality assure the programme of support delivered by WLZ’s partner organisations, ensuring that it complements what is on offer in the school, runs smoothly and supports children’s progress
- Plan and deliver tailored support programmes for individuals and small groups, responding to changing needs over the course of the programme
- Regularly engage with parents and carers and pro-actively connect families to opportunities in their community by listening to them and linking them to organisations, events and activities
- Support the children, young people and families to engage consistently with the programme of support so that they make progress towards positive outcomes
- Working with local services to ensure families get the additional support they need should they need it
More details about the benefits, values and roles at West London Zone are available in the job pack and the “Join the Team” page on our website.
- The deadline for applications is 29th May 2022
- For this position, we are shortlisting and interviewing on a rolling basis.
- Please indicate on the application form if you want to be considered for a primary school, a secondary school or either. Some primary settings work with Early Years children too so please indicate if this is an area of experience/interest also.
- We have both part-time and full-time positions available so please indicate your preference on your application form also
If you have any questions please contact our friendly HR team by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply on the website, please do so via the apply button.