For over 35 years, our client a charity has been working with children, families, and schools to break the cycle of poor school attendance, low educational attainment, anti-social behaviour, crime, low paid or no job, generation after generation.
Our client gets children and young people back into school, ready to learn. Whatever it takes.
Location: Flexible working with a mixture of remote and office-based working in London, E15
Hours: Full time (37.5 hrs per week), Mon-Fri
Salary: £39,118 - £42,157 pa according to experience
Benefits: 28 days’ annual leave plus Bank holiday leave, pension, life assurance, employee assistance programme
The HR Manager will oversee and manage the HR function across the organisation, working with the Head of Finance and Resources to ensure HR operations and HR strategic planning supports the charity’s ambitious expansion strategy. This is a mainly hands-on position for an HR generalist, providing daily support, advice, and guidance for the charity.
The successful applicant will have direct experience of managing all aspects of an HR function and of working together with others to provide an excellent, comprehensive support structure for all staff members, senior management, and trustees.
Main areas of responsibility for this role include:
- Overseeing and managing all stages of the recruitment and onboarding process
- Developing and implementing all HR policies and procedures, advising staff accordingly and updating management and trustees on developments and best practice in HR / employment law
- Advising and guiding line managers on specific employment issues arising, including dispute resolution, disciplinaries, grievances, absence, and redundancy
- Overseeing and managing the online HR system and making recommendations for change where appropriate
- Advising on and liaising with management to develop the appraisal and reward process
- Liaising and collaborating with other teams to assist in the development of strategies to ensure employee wellbeing, training, learning and development and the promotion of Equality, Diversion and Inclusion throughout the charity
- Working with the Finance Department to ensure the monthly payroll is calculated correctly and efficiently
Closing date for applications is Sunday 16th January at 11.59pm.
They reserve the right to close the application process early if they receive a sufficient number of applications.
This charity takes very seriously the duty of care to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and is committed to ensuring that their safeguarding practices reflects statutory responsibilities, government guidance and complies with the best practices. Their safeguarding policy recognises that the welfare and interests of children are paramount in all circumstances. The role above is subject to an Enhanced DBS Check.
This organisation is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
To find out more information, please click the apply button. You will be taken to a simple CHM Recruit form and then redirected to the employer’s website where you can complete your application for this position.
No agencies please.