Youth Participation Officer
£27,041 per annum
37 hours per week
Stroud District Council have an established youth service, which has been developed over the last 21 years and is unique to Gloucestershire.
Central to service delivery, is an award winning model designated as our youth voice vehicle which enables a unique tailor-made approach to youth participation in a rural district to be successful. It comprises of 9 locality based youth forum groups and a district youth council – the latter is made up of both geographical and demographical representation from the aforementioned youth forum groups and local secondary schools.
We are seeking people with energy, passion and commitment to working with young people and their communities to help bring about change in them, the services they receive and their communities. Whilst projects and programmes are either led or informed by young people, you will be responsible for facilitating young people’s active involvement, to enable them to be youth voice representatives through voluntary engagement. You will be organised and motivated whilst understanding the importance of working with other partners and agencies.
Among other attributes, the Youth Participation Officer will have:
- Substantial experience of working with young people in a variety of settings including online and social media platforms
- The ability to understand related policies and link them to practice creatively
- The creative ability to ensure young peoples active participation is fun, meaningful and impactful on a wide range of projects and issues
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity to play an important role with Stroud District Council. We value and care about the inclusion of young people and recognise the positive difference they can make through meaningful and creative youth work practice. This role is part of a friendly and passionate youth work team and the numerous youth voice projects and programmes that you will facilitate, are diverse and aspirational. You will be challenged and inspired by those you work with and for, whilst also being committed and motivated to deliver high standards of practice.
For an informal discussion, contact Steve Miles on 07896 690140 or email email@example.com
Benefits of working for us:
- Commitment to work life balance
- A work environment steeped in history and a scenic location
- Exceptional pension scheme 18% Employer contribution
- Cycle scheme
- 22 days holiday per year rising to 25 days after 5 years service + bank holidays + Christmas and New Year shutdown
- Employee discount scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Up to 3 days per year Volunteering days
- Learning and development opportunities
- Employee wellbeing service
How to Apply
Please note we do not accept CVs. To find out more, and to apply, visit: www.stroud.gov.uk/jobs Please complete an application form and send this to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Sunday 23rd January 2022
Interviews: w/c 31st January 2022
Workshops (second stage after interviewing successfully): w/c: 7th February 2022
Our organisation is under represented by people from the BAME community and we are working hard to change that. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from all sections of the community