Emerging Needs Worker
Category: Children & Families
Location: Hertfordshire Welwyn & Hatfield
Contract Type: Permanent, Full Time
Salary: £22,540 Per Annum
Expiry Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2021
Are you a highly skilled early years or health & social care professional?
Would you like to work in a fun, vibrant, friendly team?
Do you have demonstrable experience working in an advisory capacity - and achieving outstanding outcomes for children (0-11yrs) and their families?
We pride ourselves on valuing our staff and treating them with respect and kindness, and if you meet our requirements, we would be delighted to receive your application.
In our Family Centres, we provide information, help and services to children under 11 years old and their families. In this role, you'll be based in Welwyn Hatfield and work across the East Quadrant (Broxbourne, East Herts and Welwyn Hatfield) providing support to the Emerging Needs Workstream Manager in the delivery of a high quality service.
Benefits: As well as fulfilling work and lots of support from your manager, we offer a health cash plan, community gym membership, discounted nursery membership and life cover.
What you'll be doing:
We promise you won't get bored! You'll provide a range of engagement activities, information support and advice to families, both at Family Centre buildings and other sites within the community. It's a really hands-on role.
Here are some examples of the rewarding work you'll undertake - but please look at the job description for more information! (If you are reading this on a third-party website, you will find the job description on the vacancy listing on One YMCA's careers pages).
- Delivering high-quality emerging needs services to local families with children under 11 years of age - both digitally and face to face.
- Promoting the engagement of parents and families in their children’s development and learning.
- Contributing to the effective and efficient delivery of information, advice and support to parents in order to improve outcomes for vulnerable children under 11 and their families, with particular focus on the more vulnerable families in the community.
- Providing information, support and advice to families identified by the centre and partner agencies such as Public Health and Social Care. This work will include one-to-one work and group work, both face to face and via a range of digital platforms, as appropriate to meet the needs of the families.
- Working towards and achieving the agreed Key Performance Indicators and performance objectives and ensure a high level of service is provided at all times.
If you would like to be part of a team that plays an instrumental role in enabling some of the youngest children and their families to have the very best start in life, so that they belong, contribute and thrive, then we would be very pleased to receive an application from you.
You will need a full driving licence and suitably insured car during work hours, since you will be required to travel between sites.
You will be based in Welwyn Hatfield District but work across the East Quadrant (Broxbourne, East Herts and Welwyn Hatfield)
HOW TO APPLY - please read carefully!
If you are reading this on a third-party website, you must apply via the vacancy listing on One YMCA's careers pages.
When you click 'Apply' you will be asked to complete a short application form. In that form, there is a box called "Supporting Information". In that box, please make sure you provide information about your experience or ability in the following areas:
1) Knowledge of the development needs of children from birth to 11 yrs (and the importance of empowering parents to support their child’s learning and development)
2) Experience or willingness to deliver high-quality emerging needs services to families
3) Experience of working within a childcare or family support setting
4) Strong IT skills, including Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel, EHM system (or other web based systems), Smart phone devices
Please remember to submit your application once you have finished (by pressing the "Complete" button on the final page) or it will be marked as incomplete.
INTERVIEWS 1ST NOVEMBER.
An Enhanced Disclosure DBS check is required for this role.