Support Worker – Children’s Homes
£20,346 - £22,382 per annum plus £33 per sleep in completed
Homes2Inspire Ltd are proud to be a part of Shaw Trust Group, a charity helping to transform the lives of children and young people and adults across the UK.
Homes2inspire Limited are excited to be working with Nottinghamshire County Council to open a new Children’s Home in Huthwaite to support children and young people from the Nottinghamshire area.
Homes2inspire are a rapidly growing organisation with 30 registered Children’s Homes and 2 Semi-Independent Provisions within the UK. The staff teams strive for excellence to ensure the Children and young people receive the quality of care they deserve and are ready for the next stages in their lives.
Homes2inspire will be working in close partnership with the local authority to provide a safe and nurturing environment for a young person requiring a unique and person-centred approach to her care.
You will be required to work closely and collaboratively as a team to support the young person, ensuring they are empowered, protected and safeguarded. You will need to be resilient, creative, motivated and willing to work in a fast-paced environment.
Your duties and responsibilities will include defining structures and boundaries of behaviour to the young person, acting as a positive role model, demonstrating the value of education to the young person supporting them to achieve better outcomes, ensuring house paperwork is completed accurately and in a timely manner, and creating and producing activities to occupy and develop the young person to support them gaining life skills.
- Ability to work professionally and collaboratively with others.
- Eagerness to develop professionally and obtain QCF Level 3 in Residential Childcare.
- The ability to work in an ever changing and fast paced environment.
- Ability to act as a positive and inspirational role model for the young person and team around you.
Previous experience is ideal however not essential for the role. We would welcome candidates with previous lived-in experience to apply for the role, and you will be guaranteed an interview.
What we can offer you?
- Competitive salary.
- Career progression within a rapidly growing organisation.
- Ongoing support, guidance and mentoring from Management team.
- 28 days annual leave inclusive of Bank Holidays which increases with length of service.
- Ability to purchase additional annual leave.
- Other benefits to be discussed during interview.
For further information please visit our website homes2inspire.co.uk/careers or contact Ella Gamble on 07876 651107.
Please Note all successful candidates will be subject to a vetting process, inclusive of a DBS check, Right to Work checks and references will be obtained.