Youth Work Manager - North Devon
37 hours per week, permanent
Youth Work Manager: £34,917.00 to £37,961.00 (pay award pending)
We are seeking an experienced, energetic Youth Work Manager who wants to work for a cutting edge South West youth charity, in an incredible part of the country.
Could you bring the necessary drive and passion to help us to collaboratively - unlock potential with young people and their communities.
Space (DYS Space Ltd) is an ambitious and innovative charity, driven by our values and seeking to support even more young people by developing current and new services.
Our values are:
● Integrity - doing what's right even when no one is looking
● Respect - interacting with fairness, kindness and dignity
● Determination - we give people a second chance and a third, fourth…..
● Collaborative - doing great things together and with others
● Accountable - managing risk, taking responsibility and be accountable to each other and our stakeholders
● Dynamic - creating fun and a little bit of weirdness
Our employees strive to achieve the best they can and must be committed to seeing the best in others. We value everyone's contribution and create safe spaces for exploration and growth.
Please have a read of the job description to see if you have the knowledge, skills and attitude that match the post.
● Are you a people person?
● Do you motivate and value others?
● Do you value partnerships?
● Do you collaborate rather than compete?
● Do you understand the challenges and opportunities faced by young people today?
● Do you cherish global education?
● Do you recognise the benefits of physical activity and do you know how to develop resilience and positive mental health in others?
● Are you creative, adaptable and full of energy, with the motivation to make a difference!
In a nutshell:
● You’ll bring something new to lead the continual development, quality and range of youth work across Northern Devon and other Space services
What we offer:
● Superb and challenging work environments
● A real employee voice in our charity
● Pension: 6-8% employer contribution
● Ongoing continuous professional development (CPD) and training
Having the JNC professional youth and community degree is an advantage but not essential. If you have relevant qualifications, transferable skills or previous experience working with young people, get in touch - we recruit for attitude!
Visit our website: www.spacepsm.org to learn and get a feel for our organisation. If you have further questions then please contact us on 07590639440 and speak to Lisa Rutter (Director of Youth Work) or Kev Henman (CEO) on 07590639447.
Do we sound like what you need for your next challenge? If so, download the job description for this key position.
To apply for this post please download and complete the attached supporting statement and return along with your CV either via:
Email to email@example.com
Post: DYS Space Ltd, 100 Club, Wear Barton Road, Exeter, Devon EX2 7EH
Deadline for applications: Sunday 31st October 2021
Interviews: Wednesday 10th and Thursday 11th November 2021 in Barnstaple. Travel and overnight accommodation expenses will be paid where necessary. This will be arranged with those shortlisted for interview.
Please note that the interview process will be held in person over 2 days for all candidates shortlisted.