Join our team at Yellow Submarine!
Activity Manager - Adults
Contract Type: Full-time; 12-month contract, our expectation would be to offer a permanent contract at the end of the year, subject to performance and funding.
Working Hours: 40 hours per week; with regular working patterns in term-time and school holidays. Schedule to include evening working at social clubs, time spent away on residential holidays, and office time.
Location: Office-based and time spent delivering activities across the county.
Yellow Submarine is an award winning charity, supporting people with additional needs and their families. See our website (www.yellowsubmarine.org.uk) for more details. We have an opportunity for a new team member to join us as an Activity Manager – Adults, taking the lead on our adults’ social activities delivering our evening social clubs and activity days during the school holidays. If you want the opportunity to join a small but friendly team, where you’ll get to see the impact of the charity’s work first-hand, this is the job for you. This role will involve delivering and developing our adults’ social activities offer; the successful applicant requires exceptional organisational ability and should have a proactive nature, as well as a willingness to support and get involved in Yellow Submarine’s activities. A sense of fun is a must!
To oversee, deliver and develop our adults’ social activities as well as supporting with other programmes across the organisation, in particular our residential holidays for adults. The successful applicant requires exceptional organisational ability, experience of managing groups of vulnerable adults and/or young people, the ability to manage and support other staff and volunteers, as well as willingness to support and get involved across the charity. They must be flexible, have the ability to solve issues whilst being responsive to the needs of the organisation and the needs of our members. They must work with colleagues across Yellow Submarine to ensure continuity of programmes.
- Management of our adults’ social activities, such as evening social clubs and activity days. This will include the planning, budgeting, maintaining records and delivery of the programme.
- Delivery of group activities with the support of other staff and/or volunteers. This will mean being sensitive to the needs of our members and ensuring their needs are met; including, delivering personal care; administering medication; responding to first aid needs – as necessary. Driving the minibus to community venues/on activity days, as necessary.
- Communication with families and members accessing activities; this is likely to include a level of pastoral support.
- Liaison with other professionals and organisations to support the needs of our members and the development of the programme.
- Supporting other members of the team to deliver activities; including, but not limited, adult residential holidays and our young people’s activities
- To help develop new and innovative ideas to help our target groups and meet our charitable objectives.
- To carry out any other duties within the general scope of the post, as directed by your line manager/the Co-Directors.
- Every Yellow Submarine employee is required to uphold equal opportunities and anti-oppressive practice; whilst upholding safeguarding policies and procedures as set out by the organisation.
*This is an outline job description and should not be regarded as an inflexible specification. Responsibilities will be reviewed periodically in line with organisational priorities and duties may change or new duties be introduced after consultation with the post holder.
To apply, please complete the application form attached at the bottom of this advert and return to email@example.com
We welcome applications from all people regardless of race, gender, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation or age and we are committed to providing under-represented groups with the help and support they need to apply. To apply, you must complete an application form (available on the ‘Join our Team’ page of our website). Successful applicants will require a DBS check.
Application deadline: Monday, 4th October 2021
Interviews: W/C 11th October
Start date: ASAP
If you have any questions, please contact Kate Sankey- firstname.lastname@example.org