Corporate Safeguarding Lead
Job type: Permanent
Hours: 40 (plus 5 hours paid lunch breaks)
Salary: £39,470 per annum
Do you have what it takes to seize opportunities and deliver results? Can you think differently, pursue creative ideas, and provide reliable support to both internal and external customers?
We are a national social justice charity with more than 50 years’ experience of changing lives, building stronger communities, and reducing crime. We help support, house, educate, advise, and speak out for disadvantaged young people and adults - and you could now help us make an even bigger impact going forward.
Who are we looking for:
We are looking for a highly motivated, confident individual to provide effective co-ordination and assurance to ensure Nacro's compliance with its safeguarding obligations and contribute towards and maintain a positive safeguarding culture. With excellent communication skills you will lead and co-ordinate on all safeguarding compliance reporting for all safeguarding matters. As well as providing advice and support to our internal network of designated safeguarding officers (DSOs) and Executive Director for Safeguarding.
To be successful in this role you will have considerable experience of working successfully with senior management and external stakeholders. You will be confident in your ability to think strategically and respond to challenges to provide effective assurance to the wider organisation.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Working with a number of key business leads ensuring compliance and trend analysis to allow mitigations, interventions, and improvements to be quickly developed and deployed.
- Support our National Safeguarding Board and Chair by preparing and support delivery of an effective work plan.
- Implementing, reviewing of our safeguarding policies, sharing best practice
- To collaborate with internal & external stakeholder to keep abreast of the external policy framework, best practice and professional development initiatives to keep the organisation up to date and relevant .
- Work with a range of internal partners to ensure framework for staff training and employment compliance (DBS) and local and national audits are in place and effectively delivered.
We're looking for someone with:
- Specialist knowledge and expertise in managing safeguarding
- Experience of strategic and multi-disciplinary working in context of safeguarding and/or service delivery
- Knowledge and expertise in understanding the regulatory frameworks for safeguarding in a sector, for example, Housing, Education, Social Care and Justice settings
- Experience of working collaboratively with senior managers, staff, stakeholders and partners maintaining professional relationships and appropriate confidentiality of information
For details of the full role profile and details of Nacro's excellent benefits please see attached.
Please apply online via our website.