The Senior Youth Worker role is a varied role and will involve delivering outstanding youth work and supporting the Centre Manager in the development of the services and projects within the club.
We are looking for a responsible individual to develop and deliver a challenging and progressive youth work programme in a safe industrious and supportive environment working mainly with children and young people from the diverse communities of the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea, focusing on the South of the borough.
- Deliver face-to-face sessional contact work with children and young people that meets the social, educational and developmental needs of the group and the individual.
- Prepare, schedule and organise effective delivery of sessions.
- Direct management and supervision of all youth workers, sessional workers and volunteers.
- Training and development (upskilling) for youth workers, sessional workers and volunteers.
- Preparation, co-ordination and presentation of the relevant reports and evaluations.
- Input to fundraising and development of ECYC programme.
- Representing ECYC at Schools and within the wider community.
- Work with partners to extend and improve youth provision in the South of the borough.
- Carry out administrative duties in accordance with the requirements of the ECYC Centre Manager.
- Work with the Centre Manager to develop our future strategy and ensure we meet the needs of young people in Earls Court now and in the long term.
The successful candidate will be passionate about creating positive futures for young people and will possess the necessary skills to deliver this unique and innovative projects. They will:
- Be able to demonstrate a successful track record of delivering at least 3 years’ experience of youth work relevant to an urban environment;
- Have strong project management, communications and influencing skills;
- Be familiar with relevant process and protocols, and be able to easily relate to young people and the challenges and issues they face.
- Have excellent leadership and networking abilities;
- Be skilled in mobilising volunteers and/or students and know how to get the best out of those working with you.
- Enjoy taking initiative and love working as part of a close team
- Minibus driving experience preferred
- A youth work related qualification
- Youth work JNC level 17-20
- Commitment to consultative & collaborative ways of working
- Commitment to and understanding of safeguarding and professional boundaries
- Respect for the values and ethos of ECYC
- Personal and professional integrity
- Positive attitude towards staff and service users
- Ability and willingness to work flexibly
We are an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service enhanced check.