After School Club Assistant
AFTER SCHOOL CLUB ASSISTANT
Based at Mulberry Bush Pre-school, Old Coulsdon, South London
Part-Time, 17.5 hours per week, 2.30 – 6.00pm Monday to Friday
Salary £8,545 per annum £19,727 for 1FTE)
*We will consider applicants who wish to apply as part of a job share.
Oasis is looking to appoint a passionate and committed early years practitioner (Room Assistant) to join our Mulberry Bush Pre-school team, South London.
The Mulberry Bush Pre-school provides wrap around childcare for primary aged children and is part of Oasis Community Partnership. We also offer sessional and day care 50 weeks of the years for pre-school children aged two to four years.
An opportunity has arisen for an After School Club Room Assistant to work with the young children, creating a stimulating and safe environment. The hours are Monday to Friday 14:30 – 18:00pm. Key responsibilities will include:
- Registering all children upon arrival and departure
- Collecting children from local schools in a safe manner
- To support children’s healthy eating/meal times, preparing snacks as required ensuring food hygiene standards are adhered to.
- To raise concerns regarding children with the Senior Team.
To be successful you will have:
- Proven experience of working in a pre-school setting will be an advantage.
- Ability to walk to and from local schools as part of collecting children for the Club.
- Ability to communicate and encourage parents and families to get involved.
- While no formal qualifications are required, a caring and attentive nature with a focus on a child development and safety is a must.
In return you will
- join a truly warm and friendly working environment, with a team of professionals who really care for the children and support each other.
- receive relevant training opportunities to enable you to grow as a professional.
- join a non-contributory pension scheme with 7% employer contributions
As part of our commitment to inclusion and diversity, we are open to candidates who want to apply as part of a job-share arrangement and we actively encourage applications from people of all ethnic backgrounds and minority and underrepresented groups.
If you are interested in joining this fantastic pre-school and want to know more, please go the Oasis UK charity website, or contact email@example.com, or call 0207 921 4335.
Please download the supporting documents and application form at the bottom of this advert. Completed applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for completed applications is 9am Monday 26th July 2021. Interviews will be held on Thursday 29th and Friday 30th July 2021 in Old Coulsdon, South London.
We expect all staff to share our commitment to safeguarding children and young people and to undergo appropriate checks, including enhanced DBS checks. We anticipate an early September start date.
Oasis supports Equal Opportunities. Registered Charity No. 1026487