Team Manager - Independent Child Trafficking Guardianship Service
Team Manager - Independent Child Trafficking Guardianship Service (7821)
Location: Home Based
Contract type: Permanent (Fixed term funded post)
End date: 31 December 2022
Salary: £26,966 to £35,294 plus £194.71 FTE Office at Home Allowance
Closing Date: 23 June 2021
Barnardo's National Counter Trafficking Service encompasses four distinct services operating in various geographical areas across England and Wales. This includes the Independent Child Trafficking Guardianship Service (ICTG Service). The ICTG Service is expanding and developing in 2021/2022 and we are pleased to announce some exciting opportunities to join a passionate and experienced national team. We are advertising various different and varied roles working with children and young people and/or with professionals that work directly with children.
Would you like to make a difference in children's' lives, be part of our dynamic team and embark on a learning journey with a service that is passionate about seeing positive change in the fight against trafficking and modern slavery in the UK? Have a look at our vacancies and see whether you fit what we are looking for!
This role is for a Team Manager
To lead and supervise others within the ICTG Service as well as work with children and manage caseload of complex cases if required.
Location of Post:
Home Based with extensive travel around the regions
We have 3 full-time posts. These are Permanent posts with fixed term funding until December 2022.
Please note that the salary offered will depend on: location, experience and qualifications.
Midlands – covering East and West Midlands, Warwickshire, Gloucestershire, Bristol and Bedfordshire
South - covering Kent, Essex, Surrey, Hampshire and the Isle of Wight
London - covering all London Boroughs
What we need our Team Managers to do…
- To manage and lead a team of workers who support children through direct work and/or indirect work enabling them to navigate complex systems, such as social care, immigration and criminal justice as well as health and education. These workers include:
- Independent Child Trafficking Guardians (ICTGs)
- Regional Practice Co-ordinators (RPC)
- Regional Practitioners
- To take a lead in supporting professionals in identification and appropriate safeguarding of children and young people who have experienced exploitation.
- To build relationships and trust with stakeholders and other professionals in the region supporting them to keep children safe and reduce the risk of missing and re-trafficking.
- To support ICTGs to make sure that every child who is identified as trafficked in the service has been referred into the National Referral Mechanism.
- To proactively raise awareness of trafficking across the ICTG adopter sites
- To be an active part of a thriving and growing management team
- To represent the service at both operational and strategic forums
Although this contract has a permanent status, please be aware that this post is subject to continued funding, currently until 31st December 2022, and therefore should this funding not be extended further, you may be subject to a redundancy consultation or a TUPE arrangement.
When completing your application please refer to your skills knowledge and experience in relation to the Job Description/Person Specification and Additional Information Sheet. This should be done with an understanding of the context of the service described.
At Barnardo's we believe in children – no matter who they are, what they have done or what they have been through. Please read about our basis and values following the link below. You will be asked questions relating to them as part of the recruitment process for this role.
Barnardo's is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce for staff and volunteers. We actively encourage applications from disabled, Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic and male candidates as they are under-represented within Barnardo's.