Senior Youth Worker
SENIOR YOUTH WORKER
Full-Time, 40 hours per week, (including regular evening work)
Permanent Contract (Subject to successful probation)
Salary range: £26,620 - £28,960 p.a. (inc London Allowance) dependent on experience.
Are you a passionate about youth work? Looking to use your skills and experience to inspire young people through projects based on the needs identified in Enfield? Are you motivated to create opportunities that include young people’s voices?
Enact have a vacancy for a Senior Youth Worker to lead our open-access community youth provision. We are looking for an experienced youth practitioner to manage our youth team and volunteers to develop a range of engaging activities and training opportunities for young people aged 10 to 19 in the Enfield community. Apply for our recruitment pack to find out more.
Enfield Island Youth & Community Trust, branded locally as ‘enact’, is a charity set up to encourage and strengthen a great local community. Enact works in partnership with Oasis Community Partnerships and Oasis Hub Enfield Lock. Find out more at www.enact.community.
Main Areas of Responsibility
- Delivering group and individual work to young people including half term, afterschool, evenings and residentials, using a planned youth work curriculum
- Line managing sessional youth and youth volunteers to plan, deliver and evaluate work
- Contributing to the development of youth work and lead on specific areas of work
- Applying for relevant funding.
- Managing the budget for the work for which you are responsible.
Some of the experience and qualities we would like to see the successful candidate include:
- A relevant professional qualification (e.g. JNC, QTS, QSW, Level 2/3 youth work qualification) or can demonstrate qualification by experience.
- Proven experience of incorporating equal opportunities into the work you do.
- Experience of leading and working in various youth work settings (outreach, centre base, trips etc) and developing projects from identified needs from young people.
- Ability to work flexibly, up to 3 evenings per week, weekends, residentials and school holidays.
In return for your hard work and commitment, Oasis offer:
- Experience of being part of a national charity and supported by a professional and experienced team.
- A non-contributory defined benefit pension scheme with 7% employer contributions.
- 25 days holiday per year (plus Bank Holidays), rising to 30 days after 2 years of service.
Enact and Oasis are committed to making a difference to the local community. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment and to undergo appropriate checks, including enhanced DBS checks.
If you are interested in being part of this life-changing service and would like to apply, then please send us your CV along with a cover letter to the Oasis UK Recruitment Team via the form below. Additional forms will be required at Interview stage. We actively encourage applications from people of all ethnic backgrounds and minority and underrepresented groups.
Closing date for completed applications – 5pm Friday 18th June 2021.
Interviews will be held on Tuesday 29th June with ‘practical’ interviews during evening sessions on Thursday 1st or Friday 2nd July in Enfield, North London.
Oasis supports Equal Opportunities. Registered Charity No. 1026487