Creative Arts Co-ordinator
CREATIVE ARTS CO-ORDINATOR
40 hours per week (including evenings & weekends)
Up to £25,000 dependent on experience
HideOut Youth Zone’s state-of-the-art £6.6m facility opened in September 2020 to provide an engaging and inspiring place for thousands of young people aged 8 – 19 (up to 25 for those with additional needs) to spend their leisure time. Open 7-nights a week, 52-weeks a year plus school holidays, the Youth Zone’s incredible facilities include a 3G pitch, skate park, 30ft climbing wall, boxing/mixed martial arts gym, 4-court sports hall, sensory room, fitness suite, recreation area and dance, arts, music and media suites and much more.
We’re looking for a passionate and dedicated individual to shape and create a first-class programme of creative arts activities for the young people of Manchester. You will design and deliver arts activities for young people as well as provide direct line management support, coaching, and development for arts sessional workers and volunteers to ensure our members receive the highest quality provision. The post-holder will oversee HideOut’s creative arts offer making best use of our performing arts studio, music room, film and multi-media room, arts, crafts and fashion suite as well as leading on art-based events. The role will utilise art in the wider youth work agenda, supporting and encouraging young people to express themselves, explore issues and facilitate personal development. This will include planning and delivery, with support of the wider team.
▪ Have extensive experience of delivering creative arts activities to young people aged 8 to 19 (or up to 25 for those with additional needs) in a variety of settings and in line with relevant guidance and good practice
▪ Activity or arts leadership/coaching qualifications as well as a qualification (or relevant experience) in a range of arts mediums (ideally two or more, e.g. dance, music, photography, performing or creative arts etc)
▪ Be able to engage vulnerable, disengaged or hard to reach young people
▪ Have experience of managing a staff team including volunteers and experience of dealing with safeguarding issues within a multi-agency setting
▪ Demonstrate a strong commitment to young people and have the ability to engage and build positive relationships
▪ Be passionate about the aims and mission of HideOut Youth Zones and East Manchester.
This is truly a fantastic opportunity to be part of the HideOut team and to help to create a long-lasting legacy for young people in the area. Full details including a role profile with person specification can be found on the vacancies page of our website.
In accordance with our Child Protection and Safeguarding procedures, the position requires an enhanced DBS check.
HOW TO APPLY
Please complete a HideOut Youth Zone Application Form (copies can be found https://www.hideoutyouthzone.org/get-involved/vacancies/) and email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your up-to-date CV.
Deadline for applications: 10am, Friday 11th June 2021
Interviews: week commencing 21st June 2021
For more information or an informal chat, please contact Joe Amos (Head of Youth Work) on 0161 511 3777.
We place huge value on equal opportunities and encourage applications from candidates of diverse backgrounds, communities and abilities. The one thing we all have in common is our desire to raise the aspirations of young people across the country.
For further information about HideOut Youth Zone please visit our website and follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/hideout_yz