Youth Ministry Worker
YOUTH MINISTRY WORKER
3 Year Fixed Term Contract
Part Time (0.5 FTE) 20 hours per week, inc of breaks
Salary: £10,289 per annum
MediaCityUK Church is a partnership between Oasis Church and the United Reformed Church. We are a community of ordinary people exploring life together, where everyone is welcomed. As part of the wider Oasis family of hubs, MediaCityUK Church and Community Hub works to provide integrated, high quality services that benefit the whole person and the whole community. This is achieved by bringing together the Oasis ethos and values, local and national resources and expertise, and working together with local partners.
An opportunity has arisen for a Youth Ministry Worker based in Salford.
Under the supervision of the Lead Youth Worker, the Youth Ministry Worker’s key responsibilities include:
- Developing and leading youth ministry within the church and wider community. Building positive & appropriate relationships with young people and promoting their social, emotional and spiritual growth.
- Working alongside local youth work partnerships to support and develop the youth provision in the local community.
- Contributing to the planning, delivery and evaluation of the church youth work curriculum.
- To promote and safeguard the welfare of children and young people.
- To support the wider youth provision within Oasis Academy MediaCityUK (e.g. through school holiday clubs, chaplaincy, and existing youth provision).
As well as a passion for youth work, this is very much a relationship and ministry building role and the successful applicant will also need to demonstrate:
- A relevant qualification in Youth Work and Ministry (to degree level or equivalent) or is able to demonstrate relevant experience at this level within the sector.
- Experience working within a youth/faith/community setting alongside other statutory and voluntary organisations
- Previous experience implementing youth ministry programmes
- Able to function in diverse settings and with a wide range of professional agencies and staff e.g. LA, hub staff, community groups, faith groups, and teachers
Completed applications should be returned by 9am, Monday 14th June 2021.
Interviews will take place in Salford on Monday 21st June 2021.
To apply, please download the application form and supporting documents at the bottom of this advert. Completed applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com or call 0207 921 4335. Please indicate in your enquiry where you saw this vacancy.
*This role has an occupational requirement for applicants to actively embrace the Christian ethos and values of Oasis.
We actively encourage applications from people of all ethnic backgrounds and minority and underrepresented groups.
Oasis is committed to making a difference to the lives of the communities it works in, and as such you must show a willingness to demonstrate commitment to the values and behaviours which flow from the Oasis ethos. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment and to undergo appropriate checks, including enhanced DBS checks.
Oasis supports Equal Opportunities. Registered Charity No. 1163889