Head of Safeguarding and Pastoral Care
London Youth Choirs (LYC) is looking for a skilled and experienced Head of Safeguarding and Pastoral Care. Their role will be to oversee and be responsible for safeguarding and pastoral care throughout the organisation, promoting the safety and welfare of choir members. They will support our members pastorally at rehearsals which occur on Monday and Thursday evenings weekly in term time, and at concerts with over 300 young singers from 30 boroughs in London. Pastoral care is at the heart of the London Youth Choirs family and the safety and wellbeing of our members is paramount.
Job title: Head of Safeguarding and Pastoral Care
Reports to: Operations Manager
Status: Freelance | 14 hours a week during term, including:
Up to 10 flexi days across the year/plus any predetermined concert dates
Terms: This is a freelance role. The successful candidate will be responsible for their own income tax and national insurance. The daily rate of pay is £135.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
- Previous experience of being the person in charge of Safeguarding or deputy person in charge of safeguarding;
- Level 3 training in child or adult protection with ability to demonstrate transferable knowledge or be willing to undertake this level of training;
- Excellent record keeping skills;
- First Aid trained;
- An effective communicator with strong supervisory and leadership skills;
- Understanding/experience of diversity and the potential implications this brings for protecting children and adults from harm;
- Good team player and collaborative in nature;
- Confident, independent and self- motivated;
- Be an excellent role model and willing to be a positive advocate for the work of the London Youth Choirs;
- Possess a clean enhanced DBS and be a member of the Update Service or be willing to undertake a new DBS check with London Youth Choirs.
- Youth Mental Health first aid training;
- More advanced knowledge of First Aid/ wider medical training;
- Training in both child and adult protection;
- Knowledge/experience of working with young people with additional needs;
- Interest in choirs, singing or music education;
- Licensed Chaperone.
The person appointed will be the designated safeguarding person for London Youth Choirs and in charge of overseeing pastoral care for the organisation supported by the Operations Manager.
For the full details on this role, please download the job pack at the bottom of this advert.
To apply, please ensure you complete the Application Form and also the Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form. Links to both forms can be found on the attached job pack and our website: click 'apply' to be redirected.
Deadline for applications: 4pm, Wednesday 26 May
We need to receive both your Application Form and Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form by 4pm on Wednesday 26th May.
Interviews for selected applications: 10-17 June TBC
Selected applicants will receive invitations in the week beginning 7 June to interview between 10-17 June TBC. Interviews will be held in person at our office (Rich Mix) and last around one hour.
Decision, notification and start date
We will notify all applicants of our final decision in the week beginning 21 June. We would like the new Head of Safeguarding and Pastoral Care to start in time for the beginning of the Autumn Term and will work with you to agree the best start date.