Trainee Children's Home Manager
7 days left
- Contract Type
Trainee Children's Home Manager
An exciting opportunity presents to join the care team of the first Children's home to be opened by this company and to be part of shaping the future of things to come. We have high ambitions, an honest approach, and aim to build a dependable, flexible, and highly motivated team and culture that is able to deliver exceptional care and outcomes for the young people placed in our care.
Your role as both a manager and direct care practitioner will be to provide high-quality therapeutic care and support for vulnerable children who present with social-emotional, behavioral, and mental health needs due to traumatic life experiences. The home will care for up to 4 children of either gender aged 10- 17.
You will be instrumental in the development of the home and care team in conjunction with the Home Manager/RI and consultant clinical psychologist.
We invite applications from;
Experienced Deputy managers or team leaders of Children's Homes providing care for children with EBD and SEMH needs.
Experienced Residential child care Managers and Deputies working with other specialisms who have transferable skills and a motivation to work with the home's client group.
We are looking for individuals who are;
Have the potential and drive to progress to the role of Home Manager within a relatively short time frame. (To qualify for progression to the manager role you will need to have within the last 5 years, worked for at least 1.5 years in a position relevant to the residential care of children).
Highly motivated and committed to the delivery of high-quality therapeutic Child Care and capable of demonstrating the skills necessary to manage the people and organizational systems involved in the effective provision of such care.
Enthusiastic, resilient, and good with people, you’ll have the judgment to make key decisions and will be able to inspire, develop and grow exceptional teams and individuals.
Prepared to work hard and build a committed team through this period of growth and development.
More specifically we are looking for a manager who :
- Has at least one year in a role requiring the supervision and management of staff working in a care role;
- Holds a level 3 Residential child care Diploma, equivalent or higher level qualification in a relevant subject such as social work or psychology.
- Ideally holds a Level 5 Leadership and Management Award in Residential Child Care or equivalent.
- Hold a full UK driving license ( this is a must for this role)
- Places high-quality outcomes at the heart of everything in the residential home
- Is committed to delivering quality care and is adept at using data to monitor and review success across all aspects of the home and make improvements as needed
- Understands the importance of providing flexible and personalized care plans to meet the needs of each young person
- Has strong communication skills both orally and in writing
- Has successful experience of working in partnership with local authorities, parents, and other stakeholders
- Has experience in managing staff and challenging them to achieve the highest quality
- Has good commercial understanding with experience managing budgets and the ability to contribute to the strategic development of your service.
- Has experience, knowledge, and skills to support the development and delivery of a genuinely therapeutic (attachment and trauma-informed)child care approach
What we can offer you:
- Opportunity to progress to home manager within 6months - 1 year for the right applicant ( subject to meeting the post requirements and competence assessment)
- A high-quality home environment that provides both a beautiful place to live and to work.
- A genuinely therapeutic home and care environment - you will be supported through training and sessions with the team psychologist to support the young people to overcome the challenges in their lives and make positive progress. All young people will also be offered individual therapy.
- Excellent staff support, training, and ongoing development and progression opportunities including support with completing level 5 award and other specialist training.
- Competitive rates of pay £28,00- £32,000 plus sleep in allowances £35 per night
- An employee assistance program, including access to counseling for you and key family members.
- 30 days holiday inc BHs,
- Enhanced weekend / BH overtime rate
- Nest pension scheme.
Charis’s management team and directors are all very experienced and passionate social care professionals with proven histories of delivering quality residential child care services and are excited about building and working with a team of like-minded people.
All applications are subject to robust safe recruitment processes which aim to ensure the suitability of all successful applicants to work with vulnerable children in order to create a safe workforce, this includes thorough vetting via the application and interview processes as well as offers of employment being subject to Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS and references.
If this post is of interest to you please contact Sara for further information or complete and submit the application form available through the link in this ad firstname.lastname@example.org.
Full-time hours: 40 per week ave. Flexible rota, with a mix of management and care shifts inc sleep-in shifts.
Apply for Trainee Children's Home Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly