Safeguarding Team Manager
Childline Team Manager (Safeguarding)
Would you love to join an organisation where you can apply your understanding of the issues young people are experiencing in modern day society?
We have an exciting opportunity for a Team Manager to lead our Childline Nottingham base through an exciting phase in the service’s growth, to navigate through the challenges of driving our well-respected service so that we can be there for even more children and young people.
Childline is the UK's largest free confidential 24-hour helpline for children and young people. It's a unique service with over 1,000 volunteer and staff counsellors working throughout 12 bases across the UK, managed by a team of professional supervisors. Childline is a service provided by the NSPCC, a highly influential national service whose core value is putting children first.
Demand for these services is significant and growing. It is critical we enable children and young people to access the service when they need it and ensure a quality service is delivered by well trained and experienced practitioners. This is key to our impact on safeguarding children.
The Role – Childline Team Manager (Safeguarding)
As the Childline Team Manager, you’ll enjoy a varied and incredibly rewarding role, with responsibility for the day to day management of the Childline Supervisor and Counselling teams. You will ensure the smooth running of the service, equipping Supervisors so they are ready to support their volunteers and promote a consistent quality offering, whilst also contributing to business planning processes.
You’ll take overall responsibility for the recruitment and selection of staff and volunteers and employ your confident presentation style to engage with children, adults and other agencies to raise awareness of Childline and promote an understanding of safeguarding issues.
You must be comfortable when working within a fast-paced, high pressured environment, and have the ability to work across multiple different areas of operations, from child protection safeguarding to business planning processes including rota management.
Our Requirements – Childline Team Manager (Safeguarding)
- A relevant social care, health or education qualification and have substantial experience in safeguarding and responding to the needs of children and young people
- Sound experience of managing and developing a team
- Solid understanding of workforce and case record management
- A confident presentation style
As the Childline Team Manager, you’ll receive:
- Salary of £34,000 per annum and a 3.5% rota allowance
- 29 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Pension, life assurance and access to the NSPCC ‘Employee Assistance Scheme’
- A wide range of discounts and promotional offers on everything from meals out to mobile phones and household appliances
- Access to wellbeing initiatives and many more perks
- Permanent contract, working full time hours on a rota pattern to include evening and weekends (you will also be on a 24 / 7 on-call rota approximately once per month)
PLEASE NOTE: By clicking apply on this site, you will automatically be redirected to the NSPCC website, where you will be required to complete an online application.
All applications for this Childline Team Manager (Safeguarding) vacancy are to be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions.