YourFamily Team Manager
YourFamily Team Manager
Department: Quality Improvement
Salary Details: £42,099 - £45,900 per annum
Advertising End Date: Sunday 25th April
About The Role
Are you ready for your next challenge? Can you help deliver a new initiative designed to develop relationships between families, the community and formal service provision in Southend?
The Early Years Alliance is the Lead Partner for A Better Start Southend, a National Lottery funded initative working with the local community to shape and redesign services during pregnancy and early childhood (0-3 years).
A Better Start Southend is seeking a ‘YourFamily Team Manager’ to join the team. The position will be responsible for the delivery and day to day management of the ‘YourFamily’ programme.
‘YourFamily’ programme is a new initiative designed to develop relationships between families, the community and formal service provision in Southend. It is intended to strengthen both parental and wider family self-efficacy alongside community efficacy, to reduce the number of families reaching crisis point whilst supporting them to thrive, seeing families and communities as an asset. YourFamily will be the overarching programme that links all the ABSS projects together, ensuring that the full and comprehensive ABSS offer is coordinated, inclusive and accessible to all families living in the six ABSS wards with a clear focus on supporting families to improve their social and emotional well-being.
The Early Years Alliance is the largest early years membership organisation and voluntary sector provider of quality affordable childcare and education in England. An educational charity, the Alliance represents the interests of over 14,000 member settings who deliver care and learning to over 800,000 families every year.
- 26 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays, pro rata for part time employees
- Additional annual leave for long service
- Enhanced sickness pay
- Employer and employee contribution pension scheme
- Regular access to internal and external learning and development opportunities
- The Alliance operates a Team Recognition Scheme to recognise the outstanding work of the staff across the Charity
- Can save up to 25% on 02 Refresh Airtime Plan if getting a new phone or tablet on 02
- Recruitment Referral Payment Scheme - an introduction payment of up to £100
- Oversee and deliver the YourFamily Programme ensuring the project is delivered timely and within budget.
- Support the integration of the YourFamily Programme, Children’s Centres and Early Year’s Services.
- Development of community engagement and a volunteer support programme.
- Build and maintain professional relationships with key delivery partners.
- Line manage and supervise the YourFamily team.
- Educated to degree level in Health, Social Care or Early Years.
- Proven experience in service delivery at management level within Health, Social Care of Early Years.
- Proven experience working with vulnerable families and children aged 0-3 years.
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of safeguarding.
- Experience of developing and managing effective partnerships across a range of early childhood service providers.
Hours per week: 37.5
Weeks per year: 52
Virtual interview date: Wednesday 5th May
Please note our virtual interviews take place via Microsoft Teams, you may need to download this prior to your interview.
In your application, please specifically demonstrate how you meet each of the essential and any of the desirable criteria.
In 2014, the Early Years Alliance, in partnership with Southend Borough Council, was awarded £40m by the Big Lottery Fund’s Fulfilling Lives: A Better Start initiative, to innovate and develop interventions to improve the life chances of over 13,000 babies and young children across Southend over a 10-year period from 2015 to 2025.
We focus on three specific areas of a child’s development: Social and Emotional Development, Diet and Nutrition, and Communication and Language Development. Additionally, we also focus on building Community Resilience and implementing System Change.
Outcomes of the programme will only be delivered through the transformational change in systems across services for very young children and their families and by building community resilience. Effecting this change requires the active collaboration of all the strategic partners in Southend (Southend Borough Council - including Education, Early Years, Children’s Services, and Public Health; Southend CCG; Mid and South Essex NHS Foundation Trust; Essex Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust; Essex Police; Public Health England; Southend Association of Voluntary Services) and through the active engagement of, and co-production with, local people, the workforce and systems leaders. We hope you will consider joining our team!
The Alliance is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. It is a requirement of all staff that they share this commitment and follow the prescribed policy and procedures to continuously promote a culture of safeguarding across the whole organisation.
The charity is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and equal opportunities in employment.