School Support Practitioners
This is a dynamic charity with proven impact. For over 35 years it has been working with children and young people struggling to stay in school due to a wide range of complex family issues. They get children and young people back into school ready to learn, whatever it takes.
School-Home Support Practitioners
- x1 position working across two Primary Academies in Blackpool
- x1 position working across a Primary School and a Primary Academy in Blackpool
Contract: 5 days a week, Term time only
Starting salary: £18,074 per annum to £20,401 per annum depending upon experience
This is an opportunity to work alongside Primary Schools / Primary Academies to support children and families in Blackpool to improve issues which are causing poor attendance and behaviour, and helping parents to become more engaged with their child’s learning attainment and aspirations. The practitioner will work with pupils and their families to provide practical and emotional support to vulnerable families across the school.
The successful candidates will have experience working in a school environment, be a motivated creative thinker and have strong abilities in engaging challenging children and their parents.
Duties of the role:
- Provide targeted casework for vulnerable pupils and families
- Organise group work for both children and families
- Provide 1:1 emotional and practical support for families
- Encourage parental engagement in learning
- Undertake work supporting improved attendance
- Support wider parental engagement in school
- Work as part of a team
- Collate and utilise data and statistics and produce reports for the funder, sometimes at short notice.
- Support families and children transitioning to secondary school.
Closing date for applications: 13th April 2021, 9am
First stage interviews will be held: 15th April 2021
Second stage interviews will be held: 19th April 2021
Start Date: ASAP
Please click the apply button. You will be prompted to complete a simple CHM Recruit form and then be redirected to the employer’s website where you can complete your application for your preferred position.
Our client is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
The charity takes very seriously the duty of care to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and is committed to ensuring that their safeguarding practice reflects statutory responsibilities, government guidance and complies with best practice. Their safeguarding policy recognises that the welfare and interests of children are paramount in all circumstances.
All roles above are subject to an Enhanced DBS Check.
No agencies please.