1 day left
- Contract Type
HUB LEADER, CROYDON
Full Time (40 hours per week), Permanent Contract
£34,827 p.a. (inc of London Weighting)
Oasis Hub is looking for someone who can combine an entrepreneurial flair and excellent leadership skills to become the new Hub Leader supporting the established Hub at Oasis Ashburton Park, and the developing Hub at Oasis Coulsdon.
The post holder will lead the development of the Hub at Ashburton Park for 4 days of the week, supporting the Academies and wider local community, and to hold the vision of integrated community delivery, which will include a range of services such as advice services, emergency support services, children’s/youth work, targeted families work and chaplaincy. Some of the specific duties of this role include:
- planning, resource and coordinate the community Hub plan, measuring impact.
- building supportive working partnerships across the community and various groups.
- leading Hub strategic development, particularly around communication, income generation strategy and monitoring and evaluation.
- developing a team that can grow an Oasis Movement (e.g. engaging staff, volunteers and community workers).
- developing a family focussed sports based programme in partnership with Oasis Hub Waterloo and Sport England.
- overseeing and further develop the current community activities including a weekly community meal.
Additional to the work at Ashburton Park, the new Hub Leader will have the opportunity to spend 1 day a week working with the local team to develop a new vision for the Coulsdon Hub.
This is very much a relational and project management role. As such, the successful applicant will need to demonstrate:
- an education to degree level or equivalent and /or relevant professional qualification in community development or teaching.
- experience of leading community delivery and growing projects from start-up phase.
- innovative use of resources and budget management to maximise funding.
- a thorough knowledge and understanding community work and its’ potential for raising standards.
This is a unique opportunity for a self-reliant and results-focused individual, who is looking to make a difference in this complex and high profile field of work. In return we offer:
- Flexible working practices which encourages innovation and fresh ideas.
- A supportive network and friendly team in a motivating working environment.
- A non-contributory defined benefit pension scheme with 7% employer contributions.
- 25 days holiday per year (plus Bank Holidays), rising to 30 days after 2 years of service.
To apply, please download the application form and supporting documents at the bottom of this advert. Completed applications should be sent to email@example.com.
Closing date for applications is 9am, Wednesday 14th April 2021
Interviews will be held on Wednesday 21st April 2021, at an Oasis venue in Croydon.
We actively encourage applications from people of all ethnic backgrounds and minority and underrepresented groups.
Oasis is committed to making a difference to the lives of the communities it works in, and as such you must show a willingness to demonstrate commitment to the values and behaviours which flow from the Oasis ethos. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment and to undergo appropriate checks, including enhanced DBS checks.
Oasis supports Equal Opportunities. Registered Charity No. 1163889