2 days left
- Contract Type
Join a youth team that is changing lives.
Groundwork is the community charity with a green heart. We believe in empowering young people to have their say in big global and local issues. Our youth workers support young people to develop the skills required to make a difference to themselves and the community.
Youth Worker, Groundwork East
Salary: £22,591 to £25,863 plus benefits
Location: Office based in Stockwood Park, Luton with Evening-based work: Across Central Bedfordshire and Bedford Borough with occasional travel across the East of England
Term: Full time – 2 years with opportunity for extension
Groundwork East has a strong youth work presence across the local authorities of Central Bedfordshire and Bedford Borough and are seeking an enthusiastic and motivated individual to deliver an innovative range of youth-focused services. The post includes leading evening delivery sessions three times a week as well as daytime youth work in youth club settings, detached and schools.
We work in partnership with residents, local authorities, schools, other charities and local organisations to deliver projects which bring about regeneration and improve the quality of life. The role will support young people to develop as individuals and strengthen their local community.
The successful candidate will have:
- A nationally or locally recognised JNC youth work qualification or relevant experience.
- Experience working with challenging and/or at-risk young people
- Experience of managing youth groups in a variety of settings – clubs, outdoors, long-term projects
- Effective communication and problem-solving skills
- Project management skills - an ability to manage time effectively, work under pressure and meet deadlines
- An ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team and available to work 3/4 evenings a week
Closing date: Thursday 15 April 2021 at midday
Interview date: Thursday 22 April 2021
For an informal chat about this post, please contact Diana Hedley on 07736 132 295 or email Diana.Hedley@groundwork.org.uk
For an application pack, please go to our careers site: https://www.groundwork.org.uk/jobs/gwk-east-youth-worker-3/