Senior Practitioner SEND
Senior Practitioner SEND
Hours: full time (37 hours per week, agile/flexible working)
Salary: £36,922 - £39,880
Location: Oakham, Rutland
Closing date: 24 January 2021 Interview date: TBC
Do you want to make a difference to the lives of our Rutland children and young people? An exciting and challenging opportunity has arisen in our SEND and Inclusion services in Rutland, due to our existing post holder retiring.
- Qualified to Level 6 Teacher/Social Worker with SEND training
- Experience of working with disabled children
- Knowledgeable in childcare legislation related to SEN; disability and safeguarding practice
About the service………
Our Rutland vision is “to support all children and young people with SEND to lead healthy, independent and safe lives, to be a County that promotes inclusion, to maximise their opportunities to be independent and focuses on their abilities not their disabilities and wherever possible, have their needs met locally”. Rutland has worked hard with our professional partners and our families to deliver high quality support and provision to our children with SEND. We face the pressure of growing demand on our SEND services and pressure on our funding and are putting in place creative ways of managing this which is having a positive effect.
For the role we need an individual who…….
- Can lead and manage a team of experienced case officers and operations support staff
- Has expert SEND knowledge, and can provide advice and guidance on provision planning and decisions
- Can work on behalf of the local authority in mediation and tribunal processes
- Provides strategic support to improve the quality of Education Health and Care Plans outcomes: develops joint commissioning between the local authority and key partners and to build confidence in inclusion in our mainstream schools
The successful applicant for this post will be subject to an enhanced check by the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). The cost of the DBS will be paid by us.
What we offer in return…
Work that makes a difference to people’s lives within this beautiful county, in addition to structured salary reviews, local government pension scheme, discounted access to ‘Active Rutland’ keep fit activities and Flexi-Time to name just a few!
What to do now…
Please visit https://jobs.rutland.gov.uk for more information about this role. For an informal discussion about the role please contact Helen Chester, Service Manager on email: email@example.com or Christine Bellairs, Senior Practitioner SEN on email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please follow the links to apply online. Alternatively you can contact one of the HR team for an application pack, email: email@example.com or call 01572 758343.
All recruitment correspondence, including interview details, will usually be sent out via email. If you require documentation/correspondence in an alternative format, please contact the HR team.
Rutland County Council is committed to Equality and Diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Everyone at Rutland County Council has a responsibility for, and is committed to, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of Children, Young People and Vulnerable Adults and for ensuring that they are protected from harm.