Full Time, 12 month contract with the hope to extend it to a permanent basis, funding dependent
£28,000- £32,000 dependent on experience
5 days a week, 35 hours
Based in Kings Cross/Euston, accessible office or other premises as determined by the company
Our normal office hours are Monday – Friday 10am – 6pm. We are a flexible team and open to variations on these hours to be negotiated with the CEO. As a large part of our work involves arts events, the role will involve some attendance at scheduled events which take place in the evening or occasionally on the weekend.
Small Green Shoots is looking for an experienced Youth Manager to lead on the pastoral care, support and development of up to 70 young people on our new Young Shoots programme.
You will be:
- Supporting the development of individual learning plans
- providing 1-2-1 mentoring/coaching
- supporting them to develop user-led arts projects and a programme of learning and development group sessions and master classes
- helping them progress into training, development opportunities, placements, higher education or employment outside the organisation
- The Youth Manager will also provide pastoral care, support and line-management for 6-12 apprentices (Young Shoots) each year.
For the full job description and person specification, please download the attachment at the bottom of this advert.
Small Green Shoots, founded in 2010, is a dynamic youth arts charity and consultancy based in Kings Cross which develops inspiring music, theatre, literature and visual arts projects that empower young people and give them the skills they need for a secure future. We are dedicated to increasing career opportunities for NEETs (not in education, employment or training) within the music and creative industries.
The closing date for applications is Monday 18th January 2021 at 5pm
Shortlisted candidates will be informed by Friday 22nd January 2021, you may be contacted by phone during the shortlisting process.
Interviews will be held on Monday 25th January 2021 & Tuesday 26th January 2021 and second interviews on Friday 29th January 2021 if required.
Small Green Shoots is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all members of the community.