Family Support Worker
FAMILY SUPPORT WORKER - OASIS HUB WATERLOO
PART-TIME, 24 HOURS PER WEEK (0.6 FTE).
FIXED TERM CONTRACT TO NOVEMBER 2022
SALARY: £15,972 per annum (£26,620 FOR 1FTE)
Oasis’s vision is to create community hubs; creating safe and inspiring local neighbourhoods that provide integrated and diverse services to benefit the whole person and the whole community, which includes delivering first-class and innovative education.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Family Support Worker to work as part of our Oasis Hub Waterloo team, to engage and work with parents/carers, supporting them to access Hub activities, develop their personal and parenting skills, knowledge and aspirations.
Key responsibilities will be:
- To deliver and support the wider Family Support across Oasis Hub Waterloo
- To provide individual casework support for parents & families (e.g. Advocacy, pastoral support, relationship building and emotional support).
- Providing in-depth face-to-face casework advice to clients linked to Family Support
- To facilitate preventative work, including outreach and raising awareness of Oasis activities and services through existing project work and community events.
The successful post holder must have:
- A GCSE in English or relevant professional qualification or able to demonstrate qualification by experience.
- Successful experience of working with parents / carers and complex families
- The ability to deal with private information and sensitive issues with a calm and confident approach in difficult situations.
- Ability to function in diverse settings and with a wide range of professional agencies.
- Be self-motivated, resilient, with excellent organisational/administrative and inter-personal skills.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a growing national organisation, making a difference to communities on a local level, while individually improving the life chances of young people.
As part of the package, Oasis offers:
- A pension scheme, currently offering 7% employer contribution
- A generous holiday allowance, starting at 25 days per year (plus 8 Bank Holidays)
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV to email@example.com together with a covering letter which answers this question in less than 500 words:
“Why have you applied for this role, and what drives you to want to work with local families in the Oasis community? Feel free to reference the Oasis ethos and values, as well as any personal experience and knowledge.”
We actively encourage applications from people of all ethnic backgrounds and minority and underrepresented groups.
Completed applications should be returned by 12pm Monday 23rd November 2020.
Interviews will take place in Waterloo w/c 30th November 2020.
Oasis is committed to making a difference to the lives of the communities it works in, and as such you must show a willingness to demonstrate commitment to the values and behaviours which flow from the Oasis ethos. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment and to undergo appropriate checks, including enhanced DBS checks.
Oasis supports Equal Opportunities. Registered Charity No. 1026487