Band: 5/ 6
Directorate: Children’s Safeguarding
Initial Location: Trustwide (South Eastern Trust)
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Salary: £31,365- £37,890 per annum
Reports to: Senior Social Worker
Accountable to: Director of Children’s Services
The Social Worker is responsible to the Team Leader for the discharge of duties under current legislation and Trust policy as it affects children and families.
The Trust wishes to create a waiting list for Permanent and Temporary, Full Time, Part Time Band 5/6 Social Work vacancies across the Trust. Applicants can specify the areas they are interested in working within and will only be offered posts meeting their preferences.
The Social Worker will be responsible for the direct discharge of statutory duties in respect of children in need of support and/or protection. This will include assessment, intervention and provision of support services in line with care planning for children and families.
- Experience working with Children/families in a voluntary/paid/ student placement capacity
- Professional qualification in social work (CQSW, Diploma in Social Work, CSS) - Final Year Students are eligible to apply
- Registered with the Northern Ireland Social Care Council
- Hold a current full driving licence which is valid for use in the UK and have access to a car on appointment
- Experience of working with Service Users within Children’s Services
- Assessment and planning
- Recording and Report Writing
- Effective communication
- Management of risk and conflict resolution
- Ability to effectively organise and management time
- Knowledge of relevant legislation
- Knowledge and experience of client group
- Knowledge of statutory functions
For further information about this post and to apply online, please visit our website via the apply link.
The closing date for receipt of completed applications is the 11th November at 5.30pm.
Interviews are anticipated on 30th November.