Contract type: Twelve-month fixed term contract (maternity cover)
Reports to: Head of Safeguarding
Location: Premier League offices, London W2 1HQ
Overview The Premier League’s legal team is looking for a Safeguarding Manager to support the Head of Safeguarding with effective delivery of our safeguarding strategy. The Safeguarding Manager will be a key source of support and guidance on safeguarding and related issues across the organisation.
The right candidate will be a passionate safeguarding professional who will play a key role in our ongoing work to embed a culture whereby safeguarding is recognised as a shared responsibility across all areas of our work.
Who we are
The Premier League is home to some of the most competitive and compelling football in the world. The Premier League and its Clubs use the power and popularity of the competition to inspire fans, communities and partners in the UK and across the world. The Premier League brings people together from all backgrounds. It is a competition for everyone, everywhere and is available to watch in over 1 billion homes in 189 countries.
We have a wide variety of responsibilities. These include organising the competition and its Rule Book as well as managing the centralised broadcast and commercial rights. The work we do in conjunction with the Clubs also goes far beyond the 90 minutes. We support and provide a framework for youth development, we protect the organisation’s intellectual property, support the wider game and community programmes, undertake international development work and liaise with governing bodies and other leagues.
- Support delivery of the organisation’s safeguarding strategy
- Proactively promote and raise safeguarding awareness and safer working practices
- Work with colleagues across the organisation to embed effective safeguarding arrangements in the planning, delivery and review of our activities
- Implement safeguarding due diligence procedures in partnerships and commissioned services
- Support induction and onboarding procedures
- Provide general administration support, for example, maintenance of the safeguarding training calendar and logistics and supporting HR with safer recruitment processes
- Support effective management of safeguarding referrals
- Keep abreast of current safeguarding issues, legislation, statutory guidance and best practice
- Carry out other duties as may reasonably be required from time to time
Requirements for the role
- Extensive experience in the field of safeguarding and implementing effective safeguarding practices
- Experience of working with children and adults at risk around issues that affect their safety, welfare and wellbeing
- Person-centred approach and an understanding of the rights, needs and best interests of children and adults at risk
- Safeguarding case management experience and sound understanding of the roles and responsibilities of statutory authorities
- High level of integrity with the ability to deal with sensitive and confidential matters
- Ability to assess and analyse a variety of evidence both written and in other forms
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Excellent planning and organisational skills to effectively manage and deliver a diverse workload
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office and first-class administrative skills
- Highly motivated with a positive solution focussed attitude
Nice-to-haves for the role
- Experience of safeguarding in sport
The Premier League is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. All appointments will be made based on merit.
To apply please submit your application via our careers website.
The closing date for applications is 1 November 2020.