National Lead Safeguarding Officer
National Lead Safeguarding Officer
Location: Stoneleigh Park, Warwickshire
Some homeworking will be considered by mutual agreement. Occasional travel throughout England and Wales will be required.
Hours: 22 ½ hours per week.
Contract Type: Fixed term post for 12 months
The National Federation of Young Farmers’ Clubs (England & Wales) [NFYFC] is one of the largest rural youth organisations in the UK. The organisation provides opportunities for personal development of its members through training programmes, competitions, skills certificates and overseas travel. This is a democratic membership organisation of approximately 20,000 members in 600 Young Farmers’ Clubs in England & Wales which are grouped in 46 County Federations.
The National Federation of Young Farmers’ Clubs supports the Clubs and County Federations achieve the charity objectives through a range of programmes and training underpinned by youth work principles. Programmes of work are designed to offer opportunities for participation, learning, fun and personal development to YFC members aged 10 to 26 years and to those supporting them in their roles across England and Wales.
The National Federation of Young Farmers’ Clubs (NFYFC) is seeking an experienced and enthusiastic National Lead Safeguarding Officer, working 22 ½ hours per week.
This post is the designated safeguarding lead for the NFYFC – a membership organisation – primary for this role are the responsibilities of managing the safeguarding policy and its procedures. This includes managing investigations arising from concerns reported and managing procedures to protect young people, including children, and the volunteers supporting them.
The role includes working to embed the safeguarding policy in the YFC community by supporting club, county and regional safeguarding officers (often volunteers) to ensure they know the safeguarding processes as well as the boundaries for volunteers that are working with young people and are in a position of responsibility and/or position of trust.
This post is the lead role in maintaining and reviewing the implementation plan for safeguarding and for protecting young people and volunteers,
The successful candidate will:
- Be experienced in managing safeguarding on an organisation-wide basis
- Be a good clear communicator, adaptable, show enthusiasm and be creative in their approach to their work together with having a keen eye for detail.
- Applicants must be charismatic, dedicated team players who can contribute positively and enthusiastically with a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Be fluent in the use of IT systems (MS Office 365 and database).
Experience of working with or for a membership organisation will be an advantage.
The NFYFC is seeking applicants from a wide range of backgrounds. As a youth organisation the NFYFC is committed to the safeguarding of young people and adults at risk. All posts are subject to Safe Recruiting Procedures, and this post will require a DBS check at enhanced level.
Instructions to applicants:-
1. All applications to be submitted on NFYFC’s application form and must be accompanied by a supporting email/letter
2. Closing date for completed applications is Wednesday 14 October 2020
3. Completed applications should be sent to Recruitment@nfyfc.org.uk
Or, marked Private & Confidential
Head of Administration and PA to Chief Officer
4. Interviews to be held online (zoom)